*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2183517-A-sample-of-Sister-Fate
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Biographical · #2183517
This ended up as part of my first book. Language warning.
Copyright 2019 BM Pasehly
I was born like most people were at an early age. I could tell you all kinds of bullshit about how wonderful my life started out. I would tell you what a great childhood I had, but I didn't. And now as I sit in my fiance's laundry room, so begins the epic story that is my life. Well, my life to this point. It was a long and strange journey that got me from that hospital in Arkansas to where I am today. There are a lot of things I wish never happened and a few that I am glad they did. Some would say I am having a mid-life crisis, but I am too damn young for that. I consider this my retrospect of the life I have led. Someone told me if you don't know your past, you are bound to repeat it. So in a sense, this will help me learn more about my past. The last time I attempted to put my life on a page was when I was 19. the year that changed my life and still haunts me today. I am now 35 just turned that age. Too close to 40 but if I have made it this far, life is good. Life is getting better by the day and there were times I never thought I would say that.
I was born in a hospital on an air force base in Arkansas. dad joined up to stay at home. He didn't want to go to Vietnam. he met mom, she was going to college nearby, they got married, got pregnant and here is me. Being the typical military family, we were not wealthy, but there was always food on the table and a smile on my face. Mom and Dad worked hard to give us what we needed, my brother was born three years later. We were a happy family for all though we didn't have much, we had each other . We weren't the Walton's, but we were the nice little family that said grace at dinner and went to church on Sunday. Looking back to those early days, it was such an innocent start. How did 19 years change everything? Who pulled the strings to make it happen? What strange cosmic twist occurred to place me at the bottom of an emotional nightmare? These are questions, answers I will never know, but the questions do not fade. They are always there in the back of my mind. That's what I remember about my early childhood, we were happy. We had love, we had family. My parents tried to raise me right. Some ways they did, some ways they failed. But the one thing they taught me at an early age is how to survive. Little did I know how important that lesson would be.
© Copyright 2019 Bm Pasehly (killerfantasy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2183517-A-sample-of-Sister-Fate