*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2183539-Where-the-Sea-meets-The-Desert
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #2183539
why its important to keep moving
WHERE THE SEA MEETS THE DESERT
Many people live where the desert meets the sea. They are both at a place of great lack and great abundance. They thirst and drown all at the same time. They burn from the scorching heat and shiver from the cold all at the same time.

They are in owe of the greater miseries and the vastness of the empty and overflowing.

They see an extension of what could be beauty or a manifestation of their worst fears.

When they look in the mirror, it is death and life seated in the same room staring right back at them.

Not quite torn nor separated, but mixed and merged. Not quite one nor the other. But both.

The waves crush into them while the sand storms build and hit them. The dunes are a continuation of their worst as are the waves.

The fish of the sea watch while the rattle snakes and the scorpion of the desert wait. The scavenging birds of the sky fly around in circles high above waiting on whatever happens. They know as long as you sit there they win.

The sea pulls back in the morning, and the dessert heat devours. The sea overruns in the evening and the cycle never stops.

Until you break out and choose to go either way. There is a maybe out there. There is hope.

Face what you choose, hope, endure through it, will through the pain, reach out.

Hold on to the hope of a better something out there. Do not look back. Or go back to the broader.

The fruits of the earth shall feed you, so will the fish of the sea. The dew of the heavens shall quench your thirst.

Be aware of the storms that come, they will come again and maybe a gain. But do not give up.

Whichever way you go, the sun shall rise in the morning and set in the evening.

The rain falls on both the desert and the sea. Darkness covers them both.

Remember, do not give up hope.

Do not by any chance go back to the boarder for death waits on you at that very spot.

By Njoki Kamau

© Copyright 2019 Njoki kamau (njokikamau19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2183539-Where-the-Sea-meets-The-Desert