*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184383-Jinn
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2184383
One of my morning shorts.

"The Swordsman Jinn"

" The two figures exchanged sword clashes within the smoke filled air. The explosions continued all around us as the battle began to intensify. Splintering flashes of light flickering about. Their impacts could be heard throughout the area. We watched in amazement and horror knowing that if this continued any further there was a chance our friend Jinn would be outnumbered. You see, there was a troop on it's way. The alarms going off inside the compound undoubtedly alerted them. I could almost hear their boots on the stone path leading out of the courtyard. He was running out of time. During the fray Jinn must've landed a heavy blow because the assassin flew out of the plume of smoke smashing hard against a brick wall. Jinn leaped out shortly after landing in front of us. " This way." he said in a calm voice. We followed him down another corridor leading out of the compound. Two entryways connected by a tunnel leading outside. Jinn hesitated. Holding his sword firmly in his hand he said "Get out of here! They won't stop until you're dead." I looked at him solemnly before I was grabbed by one of my brothers. At the last second Jinn turned to me and winked. I looked on as my brother ran down the tunnel carrying me. In those last few moments I saw Jinn being surrounded by the military and the gate closing shortly after. I hope my friend will be ok. That great man. The swordsman Jinn.

         

2

         

© Copyright 2019 Jackson Wyn (jacksonwyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184383-Jinn