*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184802-Witness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #2184802
Vibrant, crisp leaves fell around her silhouette as her dead eyes stared up at...
Witness

Vibrant, crisp leaves fell around her silhouette as her dead eyes stared up at the dawning sun. The wind rustled her white hair as footsteps echoed through the dense woods. The echo kept in time to what her heartbeat had been, that is before it beat so rapidly it burst.

I had followed her the night before as she strutted down the New York City streets with the hot air of the vents teasing the hem of her little black dress. She was glamorous when she stepped in front of a Macy's window to examine her reflection and retouch her black cherry lipstick.

A whistle rose in time with the wet dew. It hailed from the footsteppers' lips. The pitch was high, giving the illusion of purity, but the tone revealed the footsteppers' menacing nature, if you could hear it like me.

"mmm...uhh"

I cocked my head.

"mmm...uhhh...rrr"

No, it couldn't be, but I lowered my perched and watcher her closer. It was in fact her raw voice that was trying to form...something.

"mmmmm...." louder this time.

A slow blink crossed her eyes, I'm not sure how I missed it before.

That's when he appeared, the bear of a man. His whistling had subsided and a seductive grin came over his sharp features.

"Oh darling," he spoke," I knew it."

The man walked until he stood right above her and she visibly shook, her naked body flickering with goosebumps.

"mmm..uu..rr..derrr..." she finally got out.

He crouched beside her, nibbled her ear and said.

"Baby, you fucking loved it."

His claw caught her delicate throat and crushed it like the leaves she was buried in.

I cawed, my black wings fluttering in contempt as I took flight on the wind. But as I rose, I met his gaze and now I can say...

I've seen the devil.
© Copyright 2019 ValeriaBlue (valeriablue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184802-Witness