*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184967-Initiation
Rated: E · Preface · Spiritual · #2184967
Let me introduce myself. [38]
For me?

Following the path of the ink draining from my pen is amusing,
Reading back on the journey my pen forever narrates is atypical.
To stumble upon a mind's journey on paper is a rarity.
In a world so consumed by technology & screens.
Don't get me wrong, where would we be only for it but I guess what I'm getting at here is that not everything in life requires a filter.
Social media, similarly to the media media is a platform for us everyday's to depict the most eye catching aspects of our lovely lives to each other.
I have to admit, I'm as guilty as the next girl only for the occasional split in the curtains that hang over the window's of my soul;
Where few have ever been brave enough to unravel, to draw back & truly see me.
To the ones who stuck around, despite the face that they may not have always liked what they saw.
They're the real heroes here.
Queue, one of my favorite sayings "Not all heroes wear capes".

To future me,
As you re-read this somewhere down the line, you'll learn.
You'll see that we are often more frightened than hurt,
And that we suffer more from imagination than from reality.
You cannot recover certain things, namely,
The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed & the time after it's gone.
Living teaches you this so choose you words wisely & embrace every positive moment.
Don't waste your time on negativity.

If you, the person who's had chance encounter with this little piece of me -
rantings of an alluring mind should choose to continue to browse the pieces of me, I hope you have a good time.
You & I are of the same understanding that curiosity has a reputation of being insanely unreasonable.
There's no judgement here, as long as you remember never to judge someone without knowing the whole story.
You may think you understand, but you don't.

You will never find a whole story here, just stills from the dark parts of my heart.
Moments where my mouth is quiet to the world, while my brain hooks up casually with pen & page.
Take my hand, let's take a stroll through the depths of the unfiltered human.

The Wildfire Soul.

By now? I thought I would have scripted a pretty sweet intro.
Who knows what unfolds when you give your head some sort of permission to flow freely.
Like that feeling of your blood hopelessly pulsating in your body when you dream;
Like the warmth of the fire of your body & soul connecting in doubtless rhythm with a certain song.
I bleed words, I am glued together by lyrics from my favorite songs.
The type of girl who will restart a song because I feel guilty for not appreciating it enough.
Volume up, headphones on, dancing with my emotions.
Even the darkest nights teach us precious lessons.

She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful.

© Copyright 2019 Stellar Empress (stellarempress at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184967-Initiation