*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185105-Caged
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #2185105
Metaphorical poetry
Caged

Metaphorical Poetry

I've searched for you, in timeless realms.
I've walked the earth but I was bound...caged only by limitation, of a single latched door.

I held my beauty, still sang each song and there you were...you came along.

With one swift move, you opened the door, engulfed in the beauty of that which you saw. How does something so beautiful, end up so afraid? You put your hand out but it felt like bait.

There I remained, perched on my thoughts, on the way I'd been treated and the things I'd been taught.

How can you love me? Why do you care? I'm filled with insecurity, inside you can't see. I thought I had won; I thought you'd leave, like all the others, that couldn't handle me.

Yet there you sat, each day and each night, drawing me closer, showing me light, how...I wondered? For you are filled, with shadows, of the deepest dark ~ one could ever imagine but I listened intently and all I found, was love, tainted only by the cage that you had once felt.

You were not just dark and I was not just light, together we reflected the depth of fine art.

©
© Copyright 2019 Life in letters and words (echosofcolour at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185105-Caged