*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185213-A-Changed-Perception
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #2185213
For years I saw you through tainted eyes, but now I see things clearer.
I am writing today with a changed mind. I have a different perspective with who I am. When you’re separated from toxicity for years, your mind reshapes itself into a better health. Coming back and meeting face to face with the beast that tortured my childhood self was not what I had expected. I expected the beast to be more built up; however, what I saw was the unexpected. I saw the beast wounded and hurting. Yes, the beast is still bulky and ugly with an egocentric viewpoint, but the years have slowly taken its toll on this creature. I saw the creature through a fresh set of eyes. Eyes that were no longer tainted with anger or other viewpoints. Eyes that were no longer clouded with judgment and hatred. These eyes saw past the beast’s fausade. They saw a small cub struggling to stay a float with the pain it had faced growing up. While it still breaks my heart to hear the beast’s loud roar of protection, I know that it truly has no idea how it behaves.

This new set of eyes reminds me that behind every beast there is a broken cub on the inside fighting to stay alive. With every creature we come across, there is always a back story. Many of us forget that which creates less understanding and more judgement. We forget there are emotional layers that make each creature unique. This creature may still show unhealthy tendencies and mentally may be wired differently for protection from a past trauma; however, these eyes now look with understanding and love versus hatred and judgment.
© Copyright 2019 Whit Emerson (whitemerson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185213-A-Changed-Perception