*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185328-They-Were-Right-After-All
by Paul
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest · #2185328
They see them.
“Ohhhh... What? Get back here. Where are you going?”

“Shh! What was that?”

“I don’t know. Get back over here, this is the first alone time we’ve had in a week.”

“Your dad scares me, he’s pretty uptight and I want’a check. Wait a min... holy crap, you gotta see this.”

“What?”

“Come here. Quiet, I’m not sure what they’ll do if they hear us. Just pull the shade a little and peek.”

“It’s just my back yard... holy crap, what’re they doing in my back yard? What’s that thing behind them?”

“Looks like they’re digging a hole and I think that thing is their space ship.”

Where did they come from?

“How would I know? Mars? Pluto? Anywhere. Maybe from another star. Wouldn’t that be cool.”

“I’m not so sure about that. What if they’re like here to kill everyone?”

“Come on Cindy, they’re cool. And it proves they were right.”

“Who was right?”

“All those nut cases I made fun of that told us about the ‘Little Green Men.’ They are green and they’re only about a foot tall.”

“Brad, do something.”

“What? Go ask them to take me to their leader? Maybe they’ll ask me that.”

“No. Get rid of them.”

“Yeah, right. Looks like they’re doing a good job of that themselves.”

“Wha... holy crap, they finished the hole now they’re putting that thing in it.”

“Hiding their ship.”

“Why?”

“I know as much as you. So no one sees it?”

“Holy crap! What’re they doing?”

“Looks like they’re flying. Antigravity? Don’t know, but they’re gone now. Headed east”

“Isn’t that like toward the navy base?”

“Yeah. If they’re gonna to be trouble we’ll know soon.”

“They’re gone?”

“Yeah.”

“Then we might not have a lot of time, get back over here so we can...”
© Copyright 2019 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185328-They-Were-Right-After-All