*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185606-Fabled-Origins---Zerek-1
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2185606
A sneak peek into the origins of the character Zerek ;)
Even when the night was dark and covered by rain, with only the occasional light from a lightning strike, Zerek was able to dodge the obstacles in his way with stunning agility. He fit his small frame through cracks in between buildings to get to the shortcut that he always takes, and he burst into a sprint once he landed. He took a look back to check for any pursuers, but saw none. All he could hear were the disgruntled shouts of those pursuers who were left far behind. With a victorious smirk, he clutched the sack tightly in his hands and turned his attention back to running. In no time, he arrived at a run-down abandoned shack, and sat down on a pile of hay. He opened the sack and counted out the coins inside - ten gold coins, that was enough for a week's worth of meals, and maybe even a change of clothes. He smiled as he realized this, but at the same time, he felt the fatigue hit him. A long night of sneaking in and out of a rich merchant's well-guarded residence left him exhausted. He put the coins back in the sack, held it close to his chest, draped his trusty tarp over himself, and drifted off to sleep.

© Copyright 2019 NoviceWriter (okcthunder350 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185606-Fabled-Origins---Zerek-1