*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185620-Pot-of-Gold
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2185620
Send that guy home!


Pot of Gold

WC 299


It was a beautiful spring day, and after the rain, a rainbow. I looked again in the Western sky, and squinted. What? Sitting at the top of the rainbow was a little man, dressed in green. Sure did look like a leprechaun to me. Really? Well, it was St.Patrick's Day.

He called to me."Hey you! Get me off this thing, would you?"

I looked around. "Are you talking to me?"

"NO, your cow! Of course, you!"

"OK, how do you suggest I do that?" I looked at the rainbow again. It seemed a long way off, and he was at the very top. No way could I rescue the tiny man. How was it possible I could hear him from where I was standing?

"Find St. Patrick. Get him to help. He put me up here. He can get me down."

"You do know he died some 1500 years or more ago?"

"Oh bother. That's right. I'll be right down."

I focused on the rainbow. It disappeared.

"OK, this is what we do." The little man dressed in green was beside me. How was this possible? Was I in some new dimension?

"Who're you?" I asked.

"Eye of newt, hair of toad, oh never you mind. I need to get back to where I belong. Can you help?"

"I don't believe in leprechauns. Neither did St.Patrick."

"Well, I'm here, and he's not. So whose word do you believe? Hmmm?"

Good point. "Where do you belong?"

"Not here, that's for sure."

He was one pushy little guy. Think, Mary, think. "OK, you're back in Ireland." That's all the magic I had in me. He was gone. Really? That's all I needed to do? A flowerpot sat at my feet, it was full of yellow marigolds. My pot of gold!


© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185620-Pot-of-Gold