*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185623-Bow-Part-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Anna
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Dark · #2185623
A story about a boy and his dog.
Bow
By Anna

A little boy named Henry lived in a small farm house with his mother and father Henry would always go to the pet shop and admired the dogs and would always ask to have one. Every time he would ask his parents the answer was always the same
"You're too little." They'd say
"You asked us this question ever since you've learned to talk."

Henry would always run to his room and draw dogs and cats or read about them. His mother took note of this and one night while Henry was sleeping his parents considered it to be a good option.

"It could teach the boy responsibility other than cleaning the house." his father told his mother, Daisy agreed.

On his fourth birthday his parents surprised him with a white and black dog named Bow. From that day on, Henry and Bow were inseparable. They would run through the woods together and play fetch. When it was time to eat Henry and Bow always ate next to each other. They would always be outside hunting for bugs or playing fetch. When Henry turned six years old, his parents brought him to a big brick building with pink and blue walls. The building had rooms on each side.
"Mommy what's this place?

She looks down at her son.
"This is your school you'll be going to silly."
They went to the office and registered him for September. When they returned home Henry ran up to Bow and hugged him
"Guess what boy?" Henry asks
"I'm going to school soon!"
Bow barked in response and Henry patted his head

"Come on, let's go find some bugs." he exclaims

They ran out the front door and headed down to the woods. Henry found a stick and threw it and Bow ran. Henry sat down on the ground to wait for Bow. After a while, he still didn't come back. Henry starts to panic stands up,

"Bow?" he calls
"Bow come back where are you?" a howell answers him back then yelps followed

Bow!" Henry runs in the direction of the cries.


He follows the cries all the way to a clearing . A couple of teenagers were holding Bow.down. One of the teens grabbed a stick and tried to knock Bow out. Henry runs out of the brush he was hiding behind.

"Noooo!" he cries
"That's my dog let him go!" he yells

The kid with the stick swings and hits Bow in the head. Bow lets out a cry then falls silent. Henry jumps on the kid's back and starts punching him.
"You hurt my dog, I hate you!" says Henry
All of the sudden, they heard running feet approaching.
"Henry!" his father calls
"Come here sweetheart."calls his mother

When they both come out from behind the bush, his father's face turned red.

"What the hell is going on here boys, think hurting a little boy's dog is funny huh?"

He runs towards the boy who hit Bow and tackles him to the ground. Then he pulls him up by his shirt
" Listen to me you little bitch, you and your gang come near my son and his dog again I'll break your necks." says Tim

He throws the boy to the ground.
"Scram!" Tim yells


The teens run in the opposite direction. Henry's father kneels down and looks Bow over.
"He's out cold, we'll have to carry him to the house."says Daisy

Henry, his mother, and father each held up Bows body and carried him to the house.When they brought him inside, they laid him on his bed. Henry and his father looked over Bow while his mom called the vet. A few hours later, the vet arrived and checked Bow over.
"Nothing seems broken, but we need to bring him in for X-rays." The vet and Daisy put Bow in the van and drove off.



"Now what dad?" Henry asks
His dad looks at him.
"We just have to wait buddy, come on let's order some pizza for all of us." "Okay, make sure it's the spicy one." After a while Daisy came home.
"I'm back you two." She calls
"In here!" says Tim
"What's going on Mommy?" asked Henry
"Let me get a plate and sit down first."


When she sits down with her plate, Henry sits down across from her.
"Okay, you're sitting down now tell me." Henry whines.
She clears her throat " Well, we have a big bill to pay now. Bow has skull fractures and bruises."
"And?"
She looks up at the ceiling then looks back at Henry.
" And he is being kept there in case his heart stops due to the puncture wounds."
Henry stands up and stares at his mother.
"Don't say that mommy!" Then he runs off to his room,

Henry's father walks in and sits down across from her.
" Daisy, we can't tell him that."he says
"Don't tell me what I can and can't say to him!" She yells
" He's six Tim! Six!"
"He doesn't understand that stuff yet."he says
He takes for her hand and rubs his thumb over it.
"I love you Daisy.." She pulls her hand back.
" If you love me and care about me you wouldn't tell me how to parent." She says.

A week later, Henry started school.
"I don't want to go." said Henry that morning.
"You have to go to school, now come on we have to go get you on the bus." She said as she pushed him out the door.
That very same day around noon, Henry's mom got the call.
"Hello?" She answered

"Hi." a bright voice answered back.
"This is Pet's Vet clinic." The receptionist
"How is Bow my son is worried about him."says Daisy
"He's fine, he's himself barking at everything." the receptionist replies
"Can I come pick him up?" Daisy asked
"Sure." the receptionist says

         Later that day when school let out, Henry runs out to Daisy's car and gets in.
"Hey, how was school?" Daisy asks "It was good Mrs. Davis let us do finger painting today, we even counted all the way to forty!"
Daisy smiles "Wow big kid stuff, I have a surprise for you when we get home."

When they open the front door, A bandaged Bow is sitting there waiting. Henry, who was slowly walking behind his mother looks around her and runs to Bow.
" Bow,your back!" He exclaims.
. Bow barks in response then licks Henry's face.
" I missed you boy." Henry says as he buries his face into his dog's fur.
Daisy clears her throat " Sorry to break up this little reunion but I need to get past you two to get dinner ready."
Henry looks at her "Oh, right." He says then steps aside for her.



Henry turns to Bow.
"Let's go boy, come on!"
With that they run out the door. A few hours later, when the sun was setting Daisy was finishing up putting dinner on the table.
" Hey, you." says a voice behind her she turns and faces him
" Hi Tim, how was work?"
He hugs her and mumbles" Fine." He releases her and sits down
" Where's Henry and the dog?" he asks " Oh, they should be in the backyard, I'll go get him."
Tim walks out the back door and onto the porch.
"Henry, Bow time to come back inside!"
He waits for a few minutes but doesn't see either one running back to him.


         Tim jumps off the back porch and begins to run, screaming for his beloved son and dog.
"HENRY, BOW, answer me please!" he pleads as he runs into the woods.
"Tim!" his wife calls to him as she runs up to him.
"Let me come with you!"
Her husband looks back at her.
"No you go call the police I can handle this."
Tim bends down and grabs a stick and starts to walk away. Daisy sighs and pulls out her cell phone from her front pocket and waves it at Tim.

"Remember we have these you fool."
Daisy dials the emergency number and gives the operator the address and information about what's happened. The two walk into the woods calling for Henry and Bow. When they reach the clearing they see footprints and paw prints leading into the lake. Daisy falls to her knees. Tim pulls her back on her feet.
"We can't assume that they are gone. We don't know that for sure stop being a depressed bitch please."
Daisy steps away from him and slaps him in the face.
"THAT'S MY SON TIM, YOU COLD HEARTED MOTHER FUCKER!"
They start to hear sirens in the distance. Daisy turns to her husband and starts walking back to the house calling behind her that she will go meet the officers and that she will be back. When she leaves, Tim jumps into the water. He stays under until he needs to come up for air.
"HENRY!" he screams.
The police and his wife appear in the clearing when he comes out of the water. Tim doesn't say anything. He opens his hand and drops Bow's collar into the hand of the officer. Daisy covers her mouth with her hand to stop from crying out. The second officer pulls out a bag and carefully helps the other put it in the clear freezer bag.
"We will keep searching this area until they are found. I would suggest that we recruit some volunteers to help look for them." said the officer with the bag.

The couple head back to the house and get ready for bed.








Lost

         Henry and Bow walk side by side in the woods following the teenagers.
"Where are we going?" Henry asks the leader of the pack.

The tall boy turns to him,"Shut your face kid!

Henry complies and the boy signals the other boy to tie his hands together. The boy shoves Henry forward. After what felt like hours of walking, the group comes to a stop by a road. A red truck pulls up and the teens throw the dog and the boy in the back.
"Where are we headed?" the driver asks
"You know the place!" one of the teens snaps.

Henry falls asleep a few minutes later. Two hours later, the truck stops abruptly in front of an abandoned hospital. They blindfold Henry and Bow before heading inside.
"We should have blindfolded him before, but once again no one thinks ahead!" one shouts

"Guys hurry up and bring them inside already." a female shouts

The boys bring him in and the group walks up stairs but Henry couldn't tell how many flights they were going up. The teenagers lead him to a big operating room and tie him to the table. They put Bow in a closet.
A curly haired boy with green eyes and freckles appears holding a knife.

"We're going to play a little game Henry." the boy sneered inching closer

"What kind of game?" asks Henry

"A fun game but no one will get hurt if you play nicely." the curly haired boy says

A girl comes into the room and stands by the curly haired boy. She gives him a bigger knife.
"This better be sharper than this one Britney!" he whispers

The boy walks up to the table and gets in Henry's face.
"We know your family has money kid, big money. So first question, where does your daddy and mommy keep it?"

"I don't know, my parents aren't rich their poor like you guy's parents are." says Henry

The boy laughs "Wrong answer little Henry."

The teen slashes Henry's face and Henry screams.

To be continued






© Copyright 2019 Anna (cbsharkie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185623-Bow-Part-One