*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185630-Chasing-Rainbows
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2185630
Right now for Shane O’Brady, everything is coming up Rainbows!
The sign reads, The Naughty Leprechaun, Shane O’Brady entered the dark and smoke filled bar. He noticed the furnishings were outdated, and that all eyes were on him. The only thing unique about this place was its stage, and the rainbow that arched over it, ending with a pot of gold. Shane stared down the onlookers, he knew why, because he was a mere 3’9” tall.

He went directly to the bar and placed a twenty on the counter, “I’ll have a glass of milk”.
The bartender with a smile said, “You got I.D. for that?”

Shane flashed his driver’s license, “I also need some info.”

The bartender barked,”Depending on the information, that $20 bill may not be enough.”

Before the bartender even stopped speaking, Shane slapped a $100 bill down, “That should cover it! All I want to know is how long that rainbow and pot of gold have been here?”

“Oh, that, funny thing I came in one morning about a week ago and it was here, I figured Mac the owner had done it to give the bar some pizazz.”

“And where is the owner?”

“You know, that’s funny too, that same day I found the rainbow, I found a note at the register that said, he would be gone for a few days.”

Shane grabbed his $100 bill back and said, “Move in.”

Within seconds the police swarmed the bar and once they cleared the bar of its patrons, detective Shane O’Brady had two officers peel back the pot of gold made out of plywood from the stage wall.

The Rainbow killer had struck again, because Mac lay stuffed in the wall.

Shane knew the killer considered him the leprechaun, and that he wanted him to chase the rainbow, but the rest was a mystery. Shane was short on clues.
© Copyright 2019 JustinRock (jtroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2185630-Chasing-Rainbows