*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2186050-Dream-and-Reality-Chapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Comet
Rated: GC · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #2186050
Henry, after the events of last night, is trying to figure out what happened.
Chapter 3
Reality
It seemed like only seconds had passed when I found myself in a hospital room. I felt weak, and I hurt all over. A nurse I didn’t recognize walks in and looks at me. “Finally, you wake up.” I look around confused. This looked like a real hospital room. It takes me a second, then I realize I was out of the dreams.
“I'll go get the doctor,” she says walking out. I look down at my chest and see it fully wrapped in medical tape. My mind starts racing to try to figure this all out.
I don’t get too much time alone, because a doctor walks in and sits on my bed. “Good evening Henry,” he says quietly. “What happened,” I say a little too loud. “Someone tried to kill you,” he says even softer. “They must have found a way into your house, and shot you repeatedly. All the bullets went all the way through you, so we didn’t find any. There was no evidence of a break in either, but your father just got home and found you in your bed bleeding out. He came here with you, but you were already stitched up somehow.” Too fast. “Can you please slow down!” I yell. He goes silent.
I begin unwrapping my chest, and he doesn't stop me. I see no stitches or anything. He jumps back. “I don’t understand!” he says. “I do. I'm alive, so I'm going home.” I get up and start walking. I feel no pain as I do. The doctor stands in the room, not moving. I look back, expecting to see him running to stop me, but he doesn't. He is perfectly still.
I turn my back to him and check out of the hospital. They call the doctor, but he says to let me go. Thank god. Once I'm out, I begin my mental break-down. My wounds from the dream came over to reality? That hasn’t happened before. Who shot me in my dreams? Can I die from in my dreams? All the questions run through my head, and I don’t find any answers. I might have been healed by Med in the dream world, and that healed me here. Med is someone in my dreams that has three powers. One is healing, so he can heal any wounds instantly. Two is teleportation, so he can teleport (Duh.) Last is something they call “Pain Sight.” He can see anyone who gets hurt and finds them. All combined, he can instantly teleport to anyone when they get hurt and heal them. He’s so cool.
I start walking home, but I’m interrupted when I hear “HENRY” hollered from the other side of the street. Maya runs across to me. “Oh god, I saw you in the dream and freaked out. Then when I woke up and saw on the news you were in the hospital…” I see she is clearly shaken. “I don’t know what happened,” I say. “They said there was” “No evidence of a break-in or of you being shot in the first place” she cuts in. “It said that on the news.” She says. “This is bad” I respond. “The injuries from my dream came through to here.” My voice starts shaking, and I know she can tell I’m scared.
“Even worse, someone tried to kill you.” Wow. Thanks. “Ya,” I say weakly. She, once again, starts blabbering. “We can’t find who did it in the dreams. They were gone in seconds, and Med said he couldn't come right away because someone attacked him.” That last part is what really shocked me. “Power nullification?” I ask. “Yup.” Power nullification comes in all sorts of shapes, from gloves to nets. When someone has them on, their powers are “deactivated.”
“Who would try to-” I'm cut out by a loud crack. A gunshot. “Run!” I hear Maya yell. I start sprinting down the street, as I hear another shot. Screams cry out again, but this time its people in cars trying to swerve away from kids and bullets. I ignore all the noise and keep running. I hear another shot, and I stumble to the ground. I see a shiny red soaking into my pant leg.
I crawl forward as the pain of the bullet wound starts to sink in. I hear another shot that I see land right beside my head. I pull myself under an abandoned car on the road, and sit there, weeping and wishing for it to stop. After what feels like forever, it does. No more guns or screams. I crawl out from my hiding space and look around.
I see cars crashed on the road like the one I was under, fire bleeding from one, and a body. A body. A young woman, maybe twenty, lying still on the floor. Two holes are in her head. My vision turns blurry with tears. This lady died here. She was just passing by and died for it. Her whole life had built up to this. The more I think, the worse I feel.
I see people begin to run into the scene. Police, firemen, and doctors all flood on. One of them runs to the body and checks her pulse. He looks up and shakes his head. They then turn to me and see my leg. “Get a doctor over her!” The officer yells. Before anyone comes, however, I collapse. Shot leg, seeing a body, finding that someone is trying to kill you. Really does something to a man.
They come and pick me up, and they start carrying me down the street back to the hospital. There are two people carrying me, but one shoes the other off and carries me them self. The person brings me close to the hospital, but turns fast and starts off somewhere else. I look confused and see Maya carrying me. “We need to get somewhere safe.”
I smile. She carries me for a little while until I gain enough consciousness to just walk leaning on her as a crutch. We walk, and walk, and walk, all the way out of town. We go out farther than I've ever been, and we just keep going. “I lived my whole life thinking I was alone in my dreams, but then I saw you at school. You look exactly the same, and I remembered you from my dream school.” She keeps talking about all the stuff I already know, and I start blocking her out.
We walk for about three hours, take a break to get some food at a gas station, and continue. I remember almost nothing from the conversations we have on the road, except for near the end. She had been talking about my wings, and I snapped at her “How about we talk about how someone just tried to kill me twice.” She looked shocked. I had been silent for almost the whole time. I immediately saw what I had done. She was young. Only fourteen. I could see I had hurt her. “I'm sorry,” I said. “No no, It's okay” She responded. “I know it's been rough, but I thought it would be better not to think about that stuff.”
I started talking to her for a change. I told her about my mom’s death, my dad’s ways of coping that included ignoring me, and me. She listened to it all. She know how to talk and listen, a quality little have. It was nice to tell it all to someone.
It was 9:30, so we finally stopped walking. We went and found a grouping of trees on the side of the highway, and lied down. She looked to me in the end and said, “When we get to the other world, get Med fast. He will see you, heal you, and you’ll be okay.” She had done her best to help my leg. We had been able to stop the breeding, but it hurt like hell. I was excited to get it really healed. “Goodnight Henry” “Goodnight Maya.” She turned to me as I drifted off. “See you on the other side.”
© Copyright 2019 Comet (comet42 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2186050-Dream-and-Reality-Chapter-3