*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2186472-writing-the-what-keeps-you-together
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Other · #2186472
sometimes you write because its fun and helps you calm down.
Writing. The thing that keeps you together.

When you think of the many things people do to calm down or even get out of a rut writing tends to the one thing that I gear toward. Not all the time but if I'm not in the gym or cooking food then I have my pen and notebook in hand, or I sit at my desktop with a word document hammering away at the keys. When I post my works, I tend to get scared at the Idea people will judge the way I say things or my grammar. To which I say. Okay. Writing may have rules, but I feel like as one person who enjoys writing, a thing that's my out on life. Something that lets me get lost in a world of just my empty thoughts and just the paper and pen know what I write. And yes I'll even say that there are some times where I wrote something only to look at it days later and go "I shouldn't of wrote that" but that's the best part because not everything I write should be who I am. Its just words on a paper or screen.
There was one time I couldn't figure out what to write since I let my emotions get in the way, so I wrote about nothing. That's right, nothing. Like really nothing. I wrote about how I couldn't write anything because I was sad then BAM page and a half. After that I wrote four more pages of different topics. All a page but I bet if I typed them out it would be half of one. Yet that doesn't drive me away from writing, typing or just talking.
I feel like the more I write the more I get closer to finding what I I'm looking for. That being a "question" to an "answer" and sometimes I have found those things only to find out the hard way they were the wrong question and answer. Although the many times where I wish those wrong answers and questions are the right ones. Personally, I know that's not the right thing, not only for me but my mental health. So, to that one person who enjoys writing or loves to just ramble and type out one page of one word. Keep doing that.

© Copyright 2019 Raymond spencer (thetedhead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2186472-writing-the-what-keeps-you-together