*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2186784-First-Nightmare
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2186784
300 Word Flash - What could possibly go wrong on a first date?
“Phew!” Owen breaths, after making a bolt from his car to avoid the downpour the heavens unleashed against him. It just hasn’t been his day. He makes it under the cover of the front Veranda, stopping at the door. He brushes away the droplets that settled on his shoulders and straightens up his tie. He closes his eyes, taking in a lungful of air. “We got this.” He mutters to himself reaching for the vintage looking door knocker. “It’s like they say. You’re the man. There is nothing you can’t handle.” He slams the knocker against the metal a few times. “You’re the man!”
Muffled voices rise from within, which begin to slowly approach like an angry swarm of bees. Owens heart backflips with panic as the hum increases in velocity.
“… Just how many times … If one more of these!” The door swings open presenting a middle-aged man with a very cross face. Owen stands in place, petrified by his venomous gaze. “You aren’t welcome here” The man growls slamming the door in his face. Dumbstruck Owen stood.
“Father! That’s Owen. My date!” There is a moments silence, then the door reopens. A young woman in a warm red dress appears closely followed by her father who was busy scratching the back of his head with a now confused expression. “I’m sorry Owen!” she goes and embraces him. “Forgive my senile Father.” She says peering with disbelief at the man who was now chuckling to himself. “He has been harassed by door salesman today.”
“Ruddy three of them I tell ya. Three!” The father booms in disbelief, holding up some fingers. Owen gives a nervous laugh in reply, unable to process words. She merely rolls her eyes and shakes her head.
“You kids have fun now! He booms.
© Copyright 2019 NipponFury (nipponfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2186784-First-Nightmare