*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187457-War-Torn
by Matt
Rated: E · Fiction · War · #2187457
This is a story that i made about WW2 Hope you like it!!
“ Sarge said it couldn't be done “ said one of the soldiers as they all stared at the burning remains of the enemies HQ as some of the enemies still pour out of the burning building. As the last of the krauts are shot by the allies the soldiers start to heading back to base to restock up on supplies before they raid the enemies ammunition storage so the krauts have to stop using AA cannons to shoot down our bombers. Then out of nowhere mortar fire starts hitting next to the Allied forces the mortar fire just keeps coming and hitting near the soldiers killing three of them and injuring the rest.
As their leader slowly slips into uconsciousness he sees the nazis start to surround them.
As they slowly start to wake up they are chained inside of a moving train car heading towards a pow camp some of the soldiers are seriously wounded an are bleeding.
The leader slowly regains consciousness and cant remember what happened all of a sudden the train came screeching to a halt and about a minute later some nazis open the creaky train car door and arts throwing the allies to the ground and chaining them to a fence.
Some of the allied soldiers managed o get away and found a nearby radio and contacted home base which contacted a nearby bomber which was commanded by Sgt. Daryl Williams.
(Williams POV)
It's been a long couple of hours since we got the transmission to provide close air support and draw attention away from he allies.
As we open our bombay doors we hear the screaming of sirens below us and I hear an alarm at the front of our plane i rush to see whats happening…..Its a Flak alert next thing we know explosions are happening outside of the plane from the exploding shells.
A shot hits one of our engines and we hear a high pitch whine and a gear grinding sound as it bursts into flames.
Some of the crew tries to fight the fire as flak shots start sinking into our wing and one hits our secondary fuel tank causing fuel to pour in and out of our plane.
The flak just doesn't stop and it shreds away some of the fuselage and makes the tail of the plane burst into flames because of the pouring fuel.
The next shot sinks right into engine three causing an explosion ripping half our wing off.
The pilots tell everyone to bail out an most of the crew except me and the pilots are able to escape because some of the fuselage collapses blocking the door. As the plane spirals out of the sky the pilots fight for control somehow one is able to manage to level out but the plane is rapidly losing altitude and starts clipping the tops of trees.
Then the plane slams into the ground splitting it in half and ripping the wings off.
(Normal POV)
As Williams wakes up he has been thrown into the cockpit and stares out of one of the half shattered windows he sees one of the pilots crawling back toward the plane to see if they are ok.
Williams heaves the other pilot on hi shoulder and finds a half burned medkit he tries to kick out the bent fuselage door and it makes a metallic creaking noise as is opens slowly. He lays the injured pilot next to a tree and stars treating his wounds.
He looks back and sees the burning wreckage of their B-52 bomber in half on the ground
With one of its engines on fire still spinning in a tree
Then williams gets the idea of using smoke for an sos signal as the smoke rises he sees more flak striking allied bombers and he sees some of the allied P-51s get taken down by the AA.
He starts moving people towards the pow camp that the others are being held captive at.
Ten minutes later they spot something white in a tree
(Williams POV)
I….Never thought i would survive a crash like that….especially one like that but we see….a parachute in the tree?
We slowly move towards it an find that it is a German pilot hanging from a tree impaled in his neck by a branch.
I tell the pilots to cut him down and as his body falls a gun and a map falls from his body we count the bullets and have thirteen and the map shows that we are close to the camp.
We start moving towards a plume of smoke in the distance and discover the smoldering wreckage of a plane maybe from the pilot we found.
We search it and find an ammo box a half broken radio and some grenades.
As we move away we hear a hiss of the planes fuel tank and a fiery explosion that finished the plane off.
As we arrive at the outer perimeter of the camp there are germans all over the place the soldiers are losing hope of survival. Then we hear rustling in the bushes and as I aim my gun at them a group of Allied soldiers emerge from the brush some are injured.
Their leader says that they are all that remains from another bomber crew as one of the soldiers starts working on the radio Me and the other leader decide to sabotage the flak equipment of the nazis.
(Normal POV)
As Williams and the other leader creep through the brush they start capturing the germans one by one and as they all kneel to the ground they were all screaming Du Wirst Sterben which luckily one allied soldier could speak german told them that they were screaming you will die over and over again.
(Williams POV)
Suddenly our broken radio came to life and we heard germans screaming coordinates probabay purs all of a sudden we could hear the distant hum of plane engines as we look up we see three Bf-109s start to dive towards us and we hear the whizz of bullets going by us.
Time seemed to be moving in slow motion in my head as i see soldiers lunging for cover i start a dead sprint for the AA gun and as i get on it i open fire.
I will never forget the sounds of the rounds driving themselves into the plane and the smell of gunpowder from the ejecting shells.
I manage to hit the cockpit of the first one and i see a huge spurt of blood hit the glass as the plane plummets towards the earth I clip the wings of the second and third plane causing them to crash into each other causing a massive and fiery explosion.
The Radio goes silent as we decide it's too dangerous to try and capture the rest of the AA cannons and we start retreating into the woods.
We seem to have been walking for hours on end all i see re trees and something metallic?
I go investigate and it is the remains of the WW1 U.S Landship. I think its weird how it has been abandoned so far out here. We open it up and it's empty i look at the engine and it looks like it can run.
I look and find the engine crank and as i turn it the engine sputters and dies but after four attempts the tanks engine roars to life.
© Copyright 2019 Matt (mattdog at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187457-War-Torn