*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187688-Your-Mother-Only-Sees-Dollar-Signs
by Paul
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2187688
His wife’s mother is a problem
“Come on! We’ve got to get going. What’s the holdup?”

“I can’t get this bra hooked right...here...help me.”

“There. You don’t need one anyway.”

“It’s my mother’s 75th birthday and I am not going to show up braless. She’ll know instantly and hold it against me.”

“Your mother is an abuser, she’s mistreated you all your life and treats your sister like a princess. I don’t like your mother much.”

“She is my mother.”

“True, but your sister is the favored one and she doesn’t even like them. You treat them like a daughter. Your dad dotes on you and your mother treats you like crap. I hate that.”

“She’s my mother. I can’t help what Jen thinks.”

“Not just think, she told you she doesn’t even like touching them.”

“She’s under a lot of pressure.”

“What pressure? Christ, her husband is CEO of a 2 billion dollar corporation and they live in a palace. I make a hundred thousand a year and we live a lot lower. All your mother sees are dollar signs and mine is invisible to her, she treats me like crap. I love your dad like my own and she treats him the same.”

“She’s always been that way.”

“Which is why Jen is so screwed up, she only sees dollar signs too.”

“She’s my sister.”

I know, but she’s just like your mother.”

“Here, zip me please.”

“That is a sexy dress, you sure you want to wear it around the CEO lech?”

“I can handle him.”

“I know, but if he leans over you grinning and staring down your front again I’ll break his nose.”

“No you won’t. Please behave. We have to go now, you know what she’s like if we’re late.”

“This isn’t going to end well.”
© Copyright 2019 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187688-Your-Mother-Only-Sees-Dollar-Signs