*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187700-The-suicide-that-no-one-knows
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #2187700
What we care in our daily life
Today we believe more in virtual relationship rather than normal relationship. Now gadgets surround us. All off these connectivity, social networking steal at least few hours of our daily life. Our engagement to this virtual world increases. Some of us cannot think days without virtual connectivity.

A small family lived at the garret in the building beside my house. That room is clearly visible from the rooftop of my house. I saw that person and his wife and their girl child.

Last Sunday, I came to know that the wife was no more. She had committed suicide in that room last week. However, they lived very close to our house but I came to know the incident after one week later. That is the effect of this modern age, where everyone is so busy that they have completely detach from his neighborhood.

When I enquired the informer, I surprise that I had known the mother of that person. His mother was a compounder to a dentist. That child grew up at his in-law’s house. At the single room his mother lives was insufficient of a newly married couple, so he had to move to rental room to grow his own family. In addition to that, he had pressure of being the claimer of his mother’s property too.

He was a physiotherapist. Considering physiotherapy as a profession in an Indian society is good one. The monthly earning may vary but sufficient for a family to raise.

The reason for suicide remains a mystery. That person imprisoned for few weeks after death of his wife, was released after post Morten. His in-laws did not bring any legal allegation against him.

The rental room had been empty since that incident.

The mental and physical stress that cost a life is still unknown. How many lives are silently taken away on daily basis in this way, no one can remember. They are the tear out pages of history of human civilization that no one care.
© Copyright 2019 Magnanimous (nmondal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187700-The-suicide-that-no-one-knows