*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187708-Fire-on-the-Nearest-Horizon-Pt-2
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Death · #2187708
The match had fallen, the snow had melted, but the mask was left unbroken.
He screamed in pain at the feeling of a shard of his aunt's favorite bottle of wine piercing his skin and sinking into his flesh. She leaped from the dining room chair and tried to console him as he slid down on the carpeted floor, but her honeyed voice didn't affect him, not when her eyes showed the opposite of her words.

She tried to convince him it was all okay as she called 911 and waited with him on the floor, the broken wine bottle sitting next to her. Her mascara was dripping down to her beautified lips, nose running as she ran to the people who arrived and blamed it all on the boy. They accepted each of the words she spoke to them until they saw the broken bottle and the nearly unconscious, trembling boy. He told them what happened and they ended up at the hospital sometime later, but the boy couldn't remember what happened for days after, but when he did, he stayed away from his aunt when she said she was out "with the girls."
© Copyright 2019 Zary Wells (oliverx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187708-Fire-on-the-Nearest-Horizon-Pt-2