*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2188273-story
by Sbeve
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #2188273
this is my story
"Good job son you did so well!" said the boys mother trying to sound as happy as can be. The little boy had won a very small but meaningful award, a participation award. He was so thrilled, it was his first of many accolades he planned on earning through hard work and determination throughtout his life. Although his dad had other plans, he was anything but okay with this. "I raised my son to be the best and you come home to show me a useless participation award? Enough of this, im not letting this be an acceptable standard in my house. The little boy decided to come clean, he had stolen the award from another child in his class, the little boy wasnt even good enough to get a participation award. Although upset and seemingly disappointed a smile came across the fathers face. "Son, although you didnt win today you have your whole life ahead of you to win and surpass everybody else, today was a learning experience and nothing more." A smile of appreciation went across the little boys face, he didnt feel as though he was lesser compared to anybody else, he felt happy and hopeful for the future and although he lost the award he knew there would be plenty more.
© Copyright 2019 Sbeve (carigjag0 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2188273-story