*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2188483-I-Believe
Rated: E · Fiction · Ghost · #2188483
Do you believe?


I Believe


WC 277


"You aren't going to believe this!" I said to Billy.

"You're right. I never believe half of what you tell me. What whopper is it this time?"

"Well, last night I saw a ghost!"

Billy slammed his locker and looked at me. "You're right. I don't believe you. There are no such things as ghosts." He walked toward me and punched me in the arm. "Stop it with the stupid gags, George. I'm sick of them. First, it was the aliens, and then it was some talking cows, and now ghosts. You have a real problem. Go tell someone who really cares." And with that, he walked away.

"How is it my problem if ghosts come to me? Some friend you are!" I yelled after George. Others in the hallway glanced my way. I was becoming a real 'persona non gratis' in school. News of my 'weirdness' had gotten around, and no one, it seemed, wanted any part of it.

OK, fine, I could deal with this by myself. Suddenly Gloria appeared. She floated above the floor and moved toward me.

"It's OK, George. I will guide you." Her red robe was all shimmery and translucent in the hallway. Beautiful, I thought. "Billy would never be able to see me because he doesn't believe. But you do, don't you, George?"

"Oh, yes, yes! Yes, I do, Gloria!" I stood still as a post, staring at this glorious sight.

"George!" A stern voice interrupted my trance. Mr. Williams stood before me.

"Uh, yes sir?"

"Can you tell me why you are standing here staring and not in your class?"

"Well, Mr. Williams, you aren't going to believe this....."




© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2188483-I-Believe