*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2188513-To-ponder-have-I-grown
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by eBomb
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #2188513
A self reflection on mental maturity
As I sit here, in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, I've managed to find peace in my own shell of human essence.

Now, as an adult, that I believe myself to be, I can be comfortable to walk alone.

To sit alone. To be comfortable in the open, vulnerable world.

Have I grown up? Or merely matured? Or come to know and trust myself now?

Our lives are but fleeting moments in time when compared to the span of creation and the reality of the universe, yet we allow ourselves to focus on such insubstantial things as but mere pups in our minimal years.

It's interesting to ponder how we use our lives and the effects of our upbringing, environment, circumstances and influences can have on our being.

Many years ago I would cringe at those older than I who would exclaim "If only I knew then what I know now" and yet now I laugh as I too say such things.

Have I grown? Have I matured? Or has life's experiences molded me to gain more understanding.

How important it is to be humble and reflect on my life and hopefully pass on wisdom to my children and others who care to listen.

So nice it is to slow down and contemplate these small, simple things in this busy and relentless world.

Though young still, have I grown old in mind?
I hope so.
© Copyright 2019 eBomb (ebomb85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2188513-To-ponder-have-I-grown