*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2188539-The-Hangmans-Noose
by Abby
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #2188539
There is no fear in love
I killed a man.
"You are hereby sentenced to death by hanging," were the judge's last words before he struck the gavel, a final blow to silence my soul. Handcuffs were slapped on my wrists and everything became a blur.

Here I stand, the hangman's noose few inches above my head.

"Any last words," the Hangman called out.
"What could I possibly say?"

20 seconds passed, my heart threatened to burst out of my chest. 59.9 seconds it became strangely calm. I guess I knew I was ready for death.

"I killed a man," I finally began, the murmuring in the crowd instantly was stopped, they looked at me like I was a god.
"I killed a man" I said again, "the intensity of my stare burned a hole through his heart, the warmth in the unspoken words thawed through his soul."

I paused for 7.98 seconds, don't ask me how I know, I'm a genius remember? I raised my head to look at the crowd. Some looked genuinely sad, maybe they even felt sorry for me.

"You have no right to feel sorry for me," I shouted. "I dared what none of you cowards could, I broke down all his wall of defenses till I reached the epicentre, the core of his very heart. I taught him how to live. Hell no! I taught him how to love. I made him human."

With a wild grin on my face, I said, "I'll do it again, even if it costs me my last drop of blood. My only crime was love"

3,2,1.... The Hangman called out...

I killed a man.




© Copyright 2019 Abby (abby98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2188539-The-Hangmans-Noose