*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189066-Mask-of-the-world
Rated: E · Poetry · Folklore · #2189066
This poem is about opening yourself up to others as well as ourselves.
Take off your mask let me inside let me see the demons you hide. The good and the bad the lies and the truth let me inside we've got some clean up to do.

Show me your love show me your pain show me everything locked in your brain. You see a monster no matter the day let me inside ill take the mask away.

Face your own truth no matter the price look deep inside don't run and hide. Take off your mask ill show you the truth the demons you face it's nothing but you.

You see the lies the pain the despair you keep it locked up like nobody cares. But you're not alone no matter your thoughts ill show you the way this war must be fought.

Take off your mask and ill take off mine together the demons have nowhere to hide. We can fight them together through the pain and despair our masks are removed we can finally breath air.

Our masks ripped away our true selves revealed too scared to look and see what was sealed. But slowly we glance and learn our mistake the demons we hid were nothing too great.

Beneath the mask and the demons inside we see our souls pure and wide. Scared to show who we really were locked away until we were assured only to find it's no demon inside but an angel yearning trying to fly.
© Copyright 2019 Worldwalker (dreamwalker12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189066-Mask-of-the-world