*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189128-Love-Letters-to-no-one
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by viocal
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Adult · #2189128
Love Letters to no one. 4th Letter. Snakes.
I know I won't find anyone after you. I've made it a point too.
I keep having this nightmare that plays out that night you chose to break up.
How distant you were. Sitting on the sofa with your bestfriend.

I already knew you took my heart to the backyard with a gun to put it down.
But out of respect for you, I agreed to talk.
Your best friend watched me and smiled as if she got what she wanted.
But that would have been a bad time to point that out.

So hell, you made your choice. It was done.

I've always told you to take care of her, but now I understood why she always hid when we talked.
This time it was in plain view.

And she wonders why I yelled at her and focused on her when I was mad.
It was because my trust for her was broken. The grin was something of what you could call a "winning grin"
And it haunts me. Because the defeat I suffered was not because of my actions.

But because of opinions that were not our own.

I fuckin hate this nightmare. You could tell me I'm a liar all you want.
Everyone else sees it. Our friends, my family, even the god damn psychiatrist.
But I'm too nice...

Because you once told me. You'd be nothing without her, and so I keep my mouth shut. Until you read this.

I know you asked me dearly not to hold a grudge, but after seeing this unfold the way it did.
I'll try my best.

If she means that much to you, I can't hold that back.
That's love...

I just wish you knew I wasn't the snake.

© Copyright 2019 viocal (viocal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189128-Love-Letters-to-no-one