*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189279-I-Wish-I-Was-A-Bird
by LAT
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #2189279
Just something I wrote a while ago. It's not amazing but I Iike it.
Looking out I realize, I don´t want this anymore. The sun stops to shine over the horizon and I just feel empty. The sky is pitch black now with only the planes illuminating the sky and I know this is the end.

I wish I could say everything will be fine - it won´t be.

I wish I could say that I will be fine - I cant do that to myself.

I wish that everything could go back to normal and that I could change it all- I can´t.

The birds flying over my head trap me on the spot. They are so free, yet trapped at the same time; the possibility to go and get away is there but they still came back; they always come back. I never really understood why. They have the ability to leave everything and be free, escape the reality that could engulf them into a life of sadness and despair. Birds have wings which allow them to fly enormous distances and travel anywhere. They are free from the shackles we are forced to wear everyday that tie us together in this gigantic mess we call society.

I wish I was bird.

So that I could just fly away from everything. My problems, my fears, my regrets. I could leave it all behind and start over somewhere new, somewhere where I could stay happy, without worries of what life will throw at me next and whether I will be able to come out fine or whether I will crumble and fall into the trap of self-hatred. Every failure, every mistake, every regret could be gone and my mind could finally be at peace.

I always wondered why whenever any one got asked what superpower they would have, most people would say flying. People need to escape the harsh punishments that life hastily throws at us. Everyone says that life isn´t fair, well I realize now that nothing is fair. The only thing that is certain in life is that in the end nothing we do matters. Life is short. We can try to make the best of it by getting friends, relationships, jobs, cars, houses, pets. But in the end., none it matters. We are all aware that one day, when we leave this cold, cruel and chaotic word, we will eventually be forgotten and our presence will cease and with that everything we worked for.



Birds don´t have this problem. They are free and innocent. They aren't tied down to one place and moved where ever they please. Their only worry is predators, food and shelter and not things like money, crime and jobs. If I was a bird I could fly all over the place and break the shackles that keep me here. The shackles that have incarcerated me for crimes I did not commit. I could leave everyone and everything and just be able to enjoy the day without fearing the night.



I wish I was bird.

© Copyright 2019 LAT (l.alto at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189279-I-Wish-I-Was-A-Bird