*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189286-Masks
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Young Adult · #2189286
WARNING: SAD!!!! It still isn't completely finished. This is just a preview of it.
The trees seemed wilt towards her. Audrey felt the stinging sensation in her bones for weeks. She knew if she told anyone they would laugh and tease her. She had been out of everything, even her friends didn’t feel like she was the same person anymore.
Audrey walked with her friends, Sara, Sydney, Josh, and Alan to the park to hang out. She didn’t have the courage to tell them she didn’t want to go. Audrey planned to sit on the bench and chat with Sydney about their reading assignment due in a couple of days.
The project was on different types of cancer and how they slowly came up in the human body. For extra credit, the teacher said they could explain how long it would take for cancer to heal and how the victim lived after the event. Audrey planned to study this extra credit for reading.
Audrey’s head felt as if someone had dropped a bowling ball on her head. She turned around to talk to her friends, but her vision blurred and everything went black. She fell on the pavement, head first. Her skin turned a sickly shade of purple. Her skin looked like it was a mask over her skin. Everyone screamed, and Sara was the first one to call an ambulance. When the vehicle arrived, Alan was the one to carry her to the stretcher, despite the doctors’ protests.
Audrey lied limp as a feather on the stretcher as the doctors placed an oxygen mask over her mouth. Silent tears fell down the cheeks of her friends. She was very, very ill. No one had suspected anything expect for Alan.
He thought of her being ill since she fell asleep in class often; she never fell asleep in class. He knew her the best out of all of them. He knew her better than she knew herself. Alan felt her pain when he touched her cold skin when he had picked her up. She didn’t want anyone to know she was sick. Alan didn’t want anyone to know about his parents’ divorce and it hurt him. The pain was better kept to yourself, at least that was what Alan and Audrey believed.
The week was supposed to go normally for the group of friends, but they knew Audrey’s life was on the line. Life was would never go as planned for them, especially not Alan and Audrey.
Every class the group attended dragged on for a hundred years. The teachers drowned them in robot voices. Their pain was only a fraction of the pain Audrey felt. Her pain was unbearable. She had to live through everything over again. (reborn again)
Never had anyone ever been born again, at least that was what Audrey thought. She hated her old life. Her parents had abandoned her when she was younger. Getting adopted was nice unless your adoptive siblings hated her. They yelled at her and beat Audrey up. She cried every night she ever has lived. Pain and depression hit her harder than anyone in the whole world. She never learned to accept it. The pain was a constant in her life. (Depression engulfed her.)
© Copyright 2019 I.M.J. Burris (izzydream at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189286-Masks