*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189588-Friends-Dont-Give-Up
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2189588
A story of a man and his friend getting separated by a plane crash.

“Which room are we in?” asked Sebastian, who is blind.
“Your bedroom,” his best friend Christopher said.
Sebastian is 21 years old. He has short blond hair that spikes upward at the front. He is about 6 feet tall and is really skinny. Christopher has brown curly hair about shoulder length. He is a little shorter than Sebastian. They live together in a small apartment, and Christopher helps Sebastian get around the city. A couple days ago, Christopher lost his grandpa, and he’s been acting different. He’s been on the computer a lot lately, as Sebastian could tell by the click click click sound it makes when he types. Since he lost his sense of sight, he has trained his hearing to get around a bit easier.
“I have been messaging with my family, and we are having a funeral for Gramps in California. Now that is on the other side of the united states, so we will have to take a plane. Will you be fine? It is going to be your first time on a plane since you lost your sight.” Christopher said after dinner one night.
“Yeah, it’ll be fun. I’m just glad you finally told me what was going on. If you can’t tell, I’m blind, so I can’t really see what you’re doing on the computer.”
Yeah, I know, and I’m sorry. Anyway, we leave tomorrow so I’ll help you get packed.”
“Ok, thanks. What time tomorrow?”
“Nine forty five in the morning. Just enough time to have breakfast.” Chris replied.
The next morning, at 9:45, they got on the plane, and the pilot announced it will take a little longer to get to the destination, because there is a lot of wind where they were going to go so they have to take a 1 hour detour.
Well, since it was a four hour flight, it would now take five hours to get there. That really messes up their plans because it was already going to be a rush getting there on time.
“Hopefully nothing else happens, otherwise we’ll be late,” said Christopher.
After about two hours, the plane started getting tossed around and was plummeting extremely fast!
“Attention!” The pilot announced, because everyone was in a panic and wasn’t paying much attention. “Everyone remain calm and stay in your seats, and we’ll possibly settle the plane.”
He probably should’ve chosen his words more carefully, because if people weren’t scared before, they are now. They were getting very close to the ground now and people were running around, which wasn’t making things any better.
“Everyone! We have decided to try and calm the crash landing, and we are headed straight for a big field. Now remain calm-”
CRASH! SLAM! BOOM!

* * * * *

After about two hours, Sebastian woke up a few miles away from the crash--beat up and bruised. He must have been tossed away during the crash and separated from Christopher. The worst part is, he’s blind and can’t get around without a someone helping him. “Christopher? Christopher! Where are you?” Sebastian yelled.
After there was no answer, he stood up, reached his arms in front of him, and started walking, not caring what he ran into. He was a determined man going to find his best friend, no matter what lay in his path.
“I have no idea which way to go,” commented Sebastian after the realization hit him.
He thought about just going one direction, and hopefully he’d come across another survivor somewhere; that is if there are anymore. That thought sent a shiver down Sebastian's spine. He didn’t ever want to think of that possibility.
“I’ll just walk this way and not stop.” He decided finally. “If I don’t come across another person, I don’t know what will happen to me, but I don’t want to even think about it.”

* * * * *

“Help! I need to help my friend! He is blind!” Christopher shouted, not knowing that he and his friend were the only survivors. “Sebastian! Can you hear me?”
After there was no reply, Christopher decided to try and climb this tree to see if he could get a better view of the area. He saw the crash, where a forest fire was starting. He couldn’t see anything else but trees, which is not good to be in if a forest fire is starting.
“I gotta find Sebastian before the fire spreads to him.” Christopher said.
He got down from the tree and started walking toward the crash to see if his friend is even alive.

* * * * *

“Owww!” Shouted Sebastian after his head hit a branch. He really wishes he could see, because it would help him get around, and possibly survive this situation.
He started smelling smoke, although he doesn’t know where it was coming from. All he could think of was that it was coming from the crash, and that he is getting closer.
One upside about being blind is that you get around the same whether it’s night or day. Speaking of which, it is getting a lot hotter, which probably means it’s in the heat of the day. At least that's what Sebastian thought.
After walking a while more, Sebastian heard crackling, and he realized something horrifying. It wasn’t the sun heating him up, it was fire from the crash; and he was walking right towards it!

* * * * *

“Hello? Is anyone here?” asked Christopher, choking from smoke. It’s not like he expected anyone to hear or even care about it, but he would take any chance he got.
To his surprise, he heard someone reply, but he couldn’t make out what they were saying.
“Hello! Finally I hear another person!” Christopher shouted with joy.
After getting closer, he recognized the voice. It was his best friend!

* * * * *

“Sebastian, I know you’re here and I’m so happy to hear and see you.” said Chris after they were out of the fire.
“Well I’m happy to hear you and wish I could see you.” joked Sebastian. “Now let's get out of these woods,” Sebastian said seriously.
After about an hour of walking, they spotted a rescue plane overhead. They must have realized their flight hadn’t reached its destination and it was in trouble. Thankfully, Sebastian and Christopher weren’t in a bunch of trees and had chosen to wear bright colors today, so the rescue plane saw them and swooped down to rescue them!

* * * * *

After they were home safe and sound, Christopher said, “Well, looks like well have to have this funeral some other day, and leave a lot earlier because I’m gonna drive there.” Then they both laughed.
THE END
© Copyright 2019 upsetjosiah (upsetjosiah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189588-Friends-Dont-Give-Up