*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190588-Standoff
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Dark · #2190588
Dead as a Stone
Winner - 3rd Place - Second Time Around Contest - May 2020
Standoff

WC 299


Smarty Arty put down his glass. "Hmm. That seems a bit off." He picked it up again. Took a smaller taste this time. Down the glass went again. "Yep. Pretty weird." Smarty Arty fell to the floor, dead as a stone.

Across the alley, Murph was on death watch. He put down the binoculars and reported to Mike. " Looks like he's down."

"Are you sure? Last time we did this, you couldn't get it right. You told me three times the guy was a goner and three times he wasn't. I am beginning to think you are off your game, Murph." Mike sat back in the recliner and stared at Murph. Murph stared back.

George burst into the office. "Hey boss! I gotta lead on another one."

"Not now, George! Come back later."

"But boss...."

Mike pulled a gun out of the side pocket of the recliner and shot George who fell to the floor, dead as a stone. "I said, not now, George."

Murph stared at Mike. Mike stared back at Murph.

Bill ran into the office "Hey you two! Big Tony is in town! Let's go get him!"

Murph pulled a pistol from his pants and shot Bill who fell to the floor, dead as a stone. "Not now, Bill. We're busy here."

Mike stared at Murph. Murph stared back at Mike. This went on for some time. The afternoon wore on.

Huge Hugh pushed open the door and shot Mike and Murph in quick succession. They fell down to the floor, dead as stones.

"Looks like you both are off your game. I'm so tired of the two of you. I sent in my best men. And whadya' do! Geez! Now I'm late for another appointment." He checked his watch. "Great, now it's dead too."




© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190588-Standoff