*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190725-Joining-Writingcom
Rated: ASR · Non-fiction · Internet/Web · #2190725
A little description of who I am and what I'm dealing with and how I'm hoping to improve.
Hi, I just joined today. For over ten years, I was an amateur writer on deviantart, but that's become too embarrassing and is lacking any reward for me to want to continue, so I'm trying this place to get feedback again. Don't worry, I'll avoid everything weird that website's associated with in my writing here.

I'm almost 30 years old and lately, I feel life's been kicking me in the rear end. I try relentlessly at tasks for entertainment and fail, I get little to no satisfaction at the chores I'm good doing and I can't afford what I want. I feel my country is being raped by the devil, I often keep looking at this satanic administration and thinking of the passage in Revelation where it says the beast who survived a death blow was worshiped by the whole world. I'm a rare left-wing Christian, I chose this because of my passion for making sure people don't hurt and my environmentalism. I became a LGBTQ+ ally in college after seeing The Laramie Project and seeing that every Christian in the play believed that man got what he deserved.

I hurt often over the actions of those who claim to be my brothers in Christ, to the point I actually treat most CCM (Contemporary Christian Music) albums with distrust and dislike PureFlix intensely. Only a few Praise things in recent years have healed this wound inflicted on me an my fellow reconciling congregants; the films Like A Country Song and The Shack, ELCA rapper Agape's album and finding the music and autobiography of Vicky Beeching. Even then, some days, I don't feel like getting out of bed.

I'm not always dour, though, but my anxiety is exceptionally large, for the last two years, I've been afraid of an Executive Order that would order the LGBTQ+ community and their allies (i.e., me) into Guantanamo Bay-styled Prisons where we would be beaten to death. However, I'm able to find happiness through music, movies, video games, the web series RWBY and talking to friends and family. I like a wide variety of music, the first artists I liked were The Beatles, then I had some interest in Britney Spears when she was big (I will still say (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix) is one of the best pop songs ever), then got into the Cyrus family when Hannah Montana aired. However, with the invention of Twitter, Miley and Billy Ray became gateway drugs to most artists in history. Miley is a huge John Lennon fan, so I actually began collecting Beatles albums and solo career albums, was photographed wearing a Cheap Trick top, is obsessed with Joan Jett, has covered Nirvana and Temple of the Dog and is friends with Kelly Osbourne, Ozzy Osbourne's daughter. Billy Ray mentions key inspirations for him were Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash and Lynyrd Skynyrd and has covered Led Zeppelin, Billy Idol and, back when he was a club artist, AC/DC, Def Leppard and Whitesnake. This ultimately led me to love a lot of heavy metal, as well, in addition to those listed above, I have had great times at live performances by Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and Ace Frehley. This actually led my Mom to ask me to write a special guitarist bio/notes document when she taught a guitar class at school, where I included famous players like Jimi Hendrix, Mike McCready and Jimmy Page, as well as lesser-known ones like Randy Rhoads, Allen Collins and Joel Hoekstra.

I am a huge fan of science fiction and action movies, my favorites including most of the Godzilla series of films (I am majorly looking forward to the new one at the end of the month), Parts of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, especially the first Avengers movie and the Guardians of the Galaxy movies and the DCEU from Suicide Squad to Aquaman (haven't seen Shazam yet, but it looks like it'll continue the trend and I'm really looking forward to Birds of Prey and Wonder Woman 84 next year). I do also like softer movies, though, I especially love the two Wreck-it Ralph movies and Frozen, I especially like Ralph Breaks the Internet for including Jodi Benson (Ariel), Idina Menzel (Elsa) and Gal Gadot (Shank) all in the same film. I like a variety of video games as well, but I think my favorites tend to be fighting games, with my favorite of those being Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I also enjoy Blazblue Crosstag Battle, Touhou Sky Arena (though I'm terrible at it, it mainly reminds me of my favorite Let's Player, NakaTeleeli), Naruto Shippuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 and the King of Fighters Orochi Collection for the Wii.

That's all for my introduction, I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave me some feedback.
© Copyright 2019 djshort89@gmail.com (djshort89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190725-Joining-Writingcom