*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190779-Language-and-Interaction
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #2190779
This article is about the pivotal role that language plays the construction of society.
LANGUAGE AND SOCIAL INTERACTION

For humans the need of a society is indispensable. Society is a substantial cohesive group of individuals who are living together, having shared interests, culture, and social structure. This cohesion in a society is established through social interaction, which refers to social relations. Social interaction is consequential for the socialization of an individual from birth to death, which exist in every culture.
The process of social interaction is facilitated through language. A means of communication through which humans verbalize their thoughts and feelings. Language is primal to one’s identity as an individual and as a marker of a social group. This “species specific” faculty has enabled the human race to create social realities and diverse cultures each with its distinctive social customs, religious observances, laws, oral traditions and so on. Language is both a vital part of how we interact with others and the world but also the means by which we know ourselves, our community, our society, and our customs and traditions. Moreover, via language we communicate and share our ideas and also take part in the social processes. Communication of ideas and emotions is essential for the development and growth of mutual trust, understanding, and cooperation between the participants in a social community. Furthermore, it is language that empowers man to create a well coherent chain of interaction with members of his community.since it allows us to communicate with each other at a much more sophisticated level than would otherwise be possible.
Certainly, there is no alternative to the use of language that can be put into practice to gain the desired effect mainly that of social interaction .In view of the fact that interrelation requires mutual understanding and mutual cooperation of the participants, and this can only be done through the use of language. Similarly, language plays an essential role in group identification and group solidarity. And group solidarity is essentially based on mutual interests and shared values that are embodied in the culture. And culture which carries the entire body of values by which men come to perceive themselves and their place in the society exhibits in language.
To sum up, without language there would be no interaction, and without interaction there would be no social group, and no social group leads to no life. Because by nature man is a social Animal.
© Copyright 2019 M Ubaid (m.ubaid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190779-Language-and-Interaction