*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190835-Nirvana---Team-Zero-short
by Satura
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #2190835
Quick short story I threw together to see if I still had the skill.
Nirvana – Team Zero Short

“So, explain again why we're being called to the Director's office?”
With a sigh from Cherry, she reopened the message and read it aloud.

“Team Zero, please report to my office ASAP.”

She snapped her phone closed with clear annoyance and waved her short brown hair behind a shoulder.
“Probably another Escort op. With luck, it'll be something bigger this time.”

I smirked a bit at this, knowing she wanted some adventure. Before I could say anything to this, she shot a question of her own.

“What you hoping for, another lame trip to some old ruins? Cause I don't fancy draggin an archaeologist up a mountain. Again.”

I raised my hands and brow in defense.
“Hey, better than facing the jungle. Remember when I got my hair tangled in those damned vines?”

We both cracked a smile at that, my fingers twirling the beautiful strawberry blonde ponytail cascading down my back. Ugh, that took weeks to get out... Buuuut it's a story for another day.

Arriving at the office, I pressed my finger to the glass of the door and let my Aura flare a little. The glass panels slid back and locked, sliding sideways to reveal the warm smile of none other than Paradox Director, Meysa Valentina Rose.
“Ah, Fluer, Cherry. Right on time. Please, take a seat. Snow and Nir won't be long.”

As the glass panels behind us slid closed once more, the only sound being that of it's clicking lock, Meysa's grin dropped a bit.

“I've got a special job for your team...”
© Copyright 2019 Satura (saturavalrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190835-Nirvana---Team-Zero-short