*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2191331-Snowy-Greetings
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #2191331
Is this the beginning of something?
She sat on the curb, as the snow fell around her. She couldn't hear anything but the passing of a car every once in awhile or the quiet hum of the wind as it difted by. She had been sitting there for awhile, waiting... But he never showed up. As the light started to fade the air got colder and more quiet. Eventually it got completely silent and the wind died down, making the snow fall much slower.
Only a light from a nearby street lamp allowed her to see into the cold darkness. The boy she had been waiting on had never appeared. She placed her head in her arms and began to softly cry. The tears rolled down her cheeks and landed in the snow at her feet. She began to think to herself, horrible thoughts to bring herself down. She had known that this was going to happen, that no one liked her and that there was never going to be a knight in shining armor for her.
She kept sitting there and crying. Allowing herself to fall deeper in the sadness of her reality... but then, breaking her from her sorrow, she heard footsteps approaching but didn't lift her head to greet them. The footsteps stopped to her left, "Hey there." said a boy. The girl lifted her head to meet the boys gaze. It was the quiet boy from her class. She'd only ever met him once but never talked to him before. He looked down at her and smiled, "Are you alright?" he asked. The girl looked away and shook her head no.
The boy sighed and sat down next to her. He then removed his scarf and wrapped it around her neck, "You're gonna catch a cold if you don't cover up." he said as he finished wrapping it around her. The girl looked away, "Thank you.." she said quietly. The boy smiled, "Anytime." she said. He then turned back to her, "Look I don't know you all that well. But I can see that you're in pain," he put his arms around her and hugged her, "So I thought I'd come and give you a hug. Cause no one deserves to be lonely. No matter what's going on in their life."
The girl began to cry again. He kept holding her, eventually she leaned in on him and cried into his jacket. She was thankful that this boy had stopped to help her. They stayed there for a little while till the girl got up and looked at the boy. He then stood up and looked back.
She began to take the scarf off when the boy placed his hand on her hand, "Keep it." he said. The girl smiled and turned away. Walking away from the boy. All he did was stand there watched as she walked away. The girl stopped and looked back at the boy, "Thank you." she said, then went on walking. The boy smiled and turned back to the way he came from and began walking. They both knew that this wasn't the last time that they'd meet.
© Copyright 2019 Sebastian (xghoulishlovex at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2191331-Snowy-Greetings