*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2191336-Writing-Cramp-5-19
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2191336
Contest entry for May 19
I wake up, the golden1 light of dawn in my eyes. I get out of bed and move towards the window. The curtains are already out of the way, so I leave them be and open the window. I stick my head out and breathe the fresh air. There's the lush green2 of the grass and the plants. There's the amazing blue3 of the sky. There are a few deer grazing in a field a little ways off. No other humans to be seen, for I live in the quiet solitude of this verdant4 forest. I change into my day clothes and exit my quaint cottage. I ponder for a moment what to do on this lovely day and remember that I had found an alcove about half an hour away, and hadn't been able to explore it yet. Destination in mind, I begin walking, my shoes crunching against the occasional rust5-colored leaf. Half an hour later, I reach the alcove. There's no plants within that I can see, and the entrance is rather small. I crouch down and crawl on the brown6 earth to see what lies within.
© Copyright 2019 Border of Fantasia (roastedzork at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2191336-Writing-Cramp-5-19