*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192353-Convincing-Dialogue
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #2192353
Written for the Rising Stars
“You have the photographs?”

“No, I just happen to be holding this envelope. Of course I’ve got the pictures.”

“Alright, wise ass. Hand ‘em over so I can make sure you didn’t just take some artsy-fartsy shots of the skyline.”

“What are you going to use them for?”

“Seriously? Now you decide to grow a conscience?! Gimme the envelope or we’re done here.”

“I just want to know what’s going to happen to him.”

(sigh) “Kid, you don’t want to do this.”

“I think I do.”

“You’re walking into the middle of a high stakes game without knowing any of the rules.”

“Well if I’m a player then I think I deserve some information.”

“You really don’t know how any of this works, do you?”

“Just tell me what you plan on doing with these.”

“There’s no going back from this point on, kid. You sure you want to go all in?”

“Do you want these pictures or not?”

(Laughs) “You got some balls.”

“…..”

“Alright, have it your way. I have a guy who specializes in altering pictures, putting subjects into… compromising situations involving underage girls.”

“Extortion? That’s your endgame?”

“Political suicide. Once these babies leak, nobody will touch the guy.”

“What if he denies it? You can’t expect him to roll over when his career is on the line.”

“Doesn’t matter. Are you paying attention to the current state of affairs? If someone looks dirty, everyone else assumes they are. Guilty until proven innocent is an awfully tough hill to climb.”

“And by the time he manages to clear his name, it’s already too late.”

“Exactly. You catch on pretty quick, kid.”

“What about his family?”

“Don’t trouble yourself with the morality of what we’re doing here. Better to feel guilty and be alive than die a hero.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“Just stating the facts. You wanted in, kid. There’s no use in keeping your hands clean now.”

“And if I want out? If I tell you this is the last job I’ll do?”

“Then I wish you the best of luck. But choose your next steps carefully; I see a bright future in store for you. Don’t do anything that might cut it short.”

“Fine, I get it. Here’s your blackmail material.”

“Watch the attitude. You knew what you were getting into from the start.”

“Whatever. Can I get my money now?”

“Sure kid, sure.”

“What’s the hold up? Do you have it or not?”

“You know, we have something in common. Care to guess what that is?”

“Making shady deals?”

(laughs) “Not quite. We both specialize in headshots.”

“Wait, don’-“

(gunshot)

“You shouldn’t have asked, kid. You didn’t understand the rules.”
© Copyright 2019 Ray Scrivener (rig0rm0rtis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192353-Convincing-Dialogue