*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192512-Fortune-Cookie-working-Title
Rated: E · Critique · Detective · #2192512
The reaction from a fortune cookie leads young Gemma on an adventure.
“… and now for the fortune cookie” giggled Gemma as she picked up the cookie and began to crack it. This was a good first date she thought to herself as she glanced at Chris sitting across from her.

“What’s yours say” Chris questioned. “Happiness is right in front of you” she read aloud. Pausing she looked up and caught Chris’s eye. They both smiled at each other and both viewed in each other’s eyes that they agreed with the fortune. “Your turn” Gemma said with anticipation. Chris cracked open the fortune cookie and began to read the fortune. “You are…” pausing he continued to read the little slip of paper. As he read, the smile that just a few moments ago beamed with happiness, was replaced with a blank stare. “What’s wrong” Gemma asked not knowing if he was playing a joke on her. Suddenly Chris got out of his chair and quickly rushed out of the restaurant without saying a word. Gemma was puzzled, concerned, and at a loss for what just happened. Was it something she had done? Everything was going so well, it couldn’t have been her she thought to herself. It was the fortune, what was on that little piece of paper that startled Chris to the point of leaving without saying anything. She glanced around the table and found the tiny little paper that forced the abrupt end to her date. As she read it her eyes grew wide “You are in danger, they have found you. Get out now”
© Copyright 2019 A. E. Kueffler (aaronk99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192512-Fortune-Cookie-working-Title