*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192955-Malevolent-Forces
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Letter/Memo · Philosophy · #2192955
I don't know anyone who doesn't know this guy

Have you ever had that heavy feeling that everyone else knows more than you do?
It can be anything you run into on any given day; what's on the news, how to pick produce, how to parent your kids, how to find that pesky g-spot. Even how to write the next great American novel?

It's exhausting.

They're better than you at everything, especially the thing you really want to be good at.
They've mastered it. They make it look effortless. You're envious, but you were taught to be happy for people in their success, and besides, jealousy is not a flattering look.

Even as they condescend to you, or worse, regard you with contempt.

You know that feeling that no matter how good you get at something, you’ll always just be an amateur? Let's face it, you'll never attain the status of expert, or at least someone who actually knows what’s going on...

Me too. But I think I'm onto something... they engineered that. Don't be deceived.

And besides, there are people out there who deserve our envy. They've earned it.
© Copyright 2019 trailerpark bodhisattva (lollycrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192955-Malevolent-Forces