*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192985-Micks-brother-105-289words
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Other · #2192985
Flash fiction under 300 words. Prompt: I'm your biggest fan.
He was reading in his coffin when the light alarm went off. He went to check whether the wind had blown open a door or a window. But it was just the cat coming in for a nap. Since he was up anyway he decided to prepare dinner. Vegetables and well cooked chicken; alas, no blood. Mick was visiting for a candlelight dinner. The sacrifices one made...

At least his human brother was goth and knew how to dress, always leaving the silver bling that hurt his eyes at home. He'd bring his guitar and they would sing duets until dawn. His brother was a night owl from so many years working the stage, famous in fact. He was proud of that and that no one knew. They had kept the secret for decades. His brother always offered to arrange a new place, buy a new coffin, but he was happy living here down a forgotten lane in a forgotten cellar.

He arranged the fruit by color. Mick preferred it fresh. Now the roasted parsnips were done. The broiled breast was not. The door rang. It was not his brother. He talked through the intercom. It was just a patrolman warning him to prepare for flooding, that it was going to be a dark and stormy night.

A few minutes later the alarm went off again and the door opened to a flash of lightning. His brother stumbled in. "I fell; couldn't see the step; the lights went out." His brother lay down in the coffin while he brought him tea. They softly sang "Paint it Black" until Mick fell asleep. Only then did he whisper, "You're already a legend. I could make you immortal. I'm your biggest fan."
© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192985-Micks-brother-105-289words