*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2193481-Time-Traveler
Rated: E · Fiction · Paranormal · #2193481
Back Road Adventure

Time Traveler

WC 286


I drove aimlessly through the prairie rain. 'Wonderful,' I thought. 'A great way to end the drought.' All of a sudden a man appeared in the passenger seat. I slammed on the brakes.

"What the heck!" The car skidded to a stop off the muddy back road.

"Well - hi there!" He looked right at me.

"Who? What? " I stammered, hands glued to the wheel. The rain continued to pound the car roof.

"I am from the future," he said with a straight face.

"Sure you are. And I am Supergirl."

"You are? Do you have super powers?" He looked at me with wide eyes.

"NO, I was being sarcastic. I am NOT Supergirl like you are NOT from the future.

"I most certainly am. One hour in the future to be exact." A big crash of thunder overhead got his attention. He looked out the windshield as the sheets of rain continued.

"Then you can tell me what happens!"

"To what?"

I gestured to him, to the car, to the windows. "To me, to the world, to the universe!"

The man looked out the window, away from me. "Trust me, you don't want to know. It would take all the fun out of life."

"You call this fun? Stuck in a car with you, a stranger, on a back road in a thunderstorm?" I inched closer to my side of the car, closer to the door.

He looked at me. Dark eyes looked into mine. "If you could see the future, you would say 'yes'. "

"Do I know you in the future?" I was afraid of the answer as soon as I said the words.

"You will. See you soon." And he was gone.









© Copyright 2019 Queen NormaJean Greeneyes (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2193481-Time-Traveler