*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2193486-The-Cock-Roach-Dual
Rated: E · Assignment · Comedy · #2193486
Writing Prompt - Write a story about a man who has pet cockroaches that can-do ballet.
The Cock-Roach Dual

Betsy N Bill were the names of the infamous cockroach team. They resided in Georgia and got their start in the Crawford County Penitentiary System. Sam-the-Man, their road-manager, was convicted of selling single cigarettes to Brownie Scouts. Sam-the-Man stood all of 4ft 11 inches tall. He had a mustache the size of a beer bottle, which hand ends that formed a circular size of a quarter; and his mustache wax was so thick that it could probably plug the hole of an inner tube tire.

While Sam served his time in jail, he began to talk to the cockroaches inside his cell. One day he noticed that the cockroaches seem to respond to his voice, more precisely, his singing voice. When he would sing, he noticed that the cockroaches would twitch, flutter their wings and sort-of follow each other in a small circle. When he stopped singing, the cockroaches would stop moving, and they would face him as if they were waiting for Sam to begin his singing.

Sam was not sure of what he was seeing, so he began to sing, then stop, sing, then stop. With each of his singing patterns, the cockroaches would be right on point, when the singing started, they moved, when the singing stopped, they stopped, as they awaited Sam’s voice for their next move.

One day, during recess, Sam pocketed his cockroaches and took them outside to show the friends of his new discovery. Once he entered the yard, he gently took Betsy-N-Bill out of his coat pocket and placed them on the cold ground where a small circle of men stood. Sam-the-Man begins to sing “Down by the riverside, down by the riiiv--er--side,” and he patted his left foot, to maintain his beat. Betsy-N-Bill took to their usual routine, crawling in a circle, fluttering their wings and twitching their legs, as long as there was singing. When Sam stopped the cockroaches stop, when Sam sang, the cockroaches began to dance.

The men were all quite amused, and excited. They were so excited, that one of the men decided to join in the dance. He hopped around on one foot, kind-of like the Indians in the old western movies did, then he begin to do the ye-haw side-skip, and all of a sudden, he threw his head back and leaped forward with both feet, while screaming “OH YAH BABIEEE.” Everyone laughed at the unusual act.
All of a sudden, there was dead silence, (No Pun intended) which proceeded the noise of a squish. Sam-the-Man’s, voice grew angry and his tone rose to high-pitch squill. He attempted to shove the man’s feet backward, in an attempt to move them off of Betsy-N-Bill. Once the man felt Sam shoving his feet, he looked down for the cockroaches, but they were nowhere to be seen. The man quickly realized what he had done and with two quick steps backward he attempts to remove himself from on top of Betsy-N-Bill. Unfortunately, they were both stuck to the bottom of the man’s dusty, tattered boots.

Sam could only shake his head with regret, as he thought to himself, “Dat’s what I get fo sharing my secret wit all dease idiots.

© Copyright 2019 T-Writer (tonis.s at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2193486-The-Cock-Roach-Dual