*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2193869-Creative-Writing-3---The-Ship
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2193869
Write about a ship or other vehicle that can take you somewhere else from where you are
Soaring higher and higher into the night, the ship flies her far, far away. Destination? She really doesn't care. As long as it doesn't turn around.

The humming engines lull her to sleep. Sleep gathers her hand and draws her to him. Him. She didn't want to see him. Not in her dreams in the least. The drugged out dream world keeps her sucked in and in her bleary state, she follows helplessly. Down the dirty, care-worn path built by years and years of lovers. Hand-in-hand they amble, staring dreamily into each other's eyes. The rest of the world simply goes on. Heartbreaks. Business deals. School. Grocery shopping. The world turns and people move on, but for them, there was no other world, nor any other time.

Ear-piercing shrills snap her from tranquility! Unreality shocked by reality. She jerked forward bent over her knees, her hands instinctively wrapping around her head as her mind reels trying to figure out just what the hell was going on. Breathing ragged from the unexpected alarm, she gained some sense about her. Just where in God's great universe are the ship guides? Gah!

The alarms stopped and the stone silence left an eerie aura floating about as her eyes roamed concernedly. Was it too much to ask? A flight to anywhere in the galaxy. Uninterrupted? Lazily, she flopped back into her seat and shook her head. It didn't have to be like this. But then again, it actually did.
© Copyright 2019 srtink2000 (srtink2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2193869-Creative-Writing-3---The-Ship