*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2194096-The-Lost-Art-Of-Moving-On
Rated: E · Bulletin · Self Help · #2194096
A honest, not so great book to read during an even worse time.
The Lost Art of Moving On



Chapter 1: Goals, Dreams, and Aspirations

So, you fell in love. Head first. Out of an airplane. With no further instruction other than to try and land on your feet. Well things are a lot easier when there’s a professional on your back who is supposed to know what they're doing. Let me start by saying that I am no professional and you will land on your feet, but sometimes we needed to be reminded of that. The only problem with falling in love is that each time is unique, each one ends as differently then it started, and each one makes us forget that there is indeed a parachute on our backs, which we decide when it’s time to use (I think, I literally have zero experience in anything related to heights). In this short time, I will do my absolute best to be your guide and more importantly move on.

The first thing you need to understand is that your goals, dreams, and aspirations are exactly that... Yours. If they were co-dependent on your then significant other, then they weren’t really yours. Let me explain, it is perfectly acceptable to have dreams of fall wedding in the Rocky Mountains or perhaps pursue opening a business, maybe spending a summer in Europe... but if it isn’t yet a reality, then that dream is yours to keep. Dreams don’t change, only the people in them do. Remember that and hold on to it. In your fictitious world, you are the sole creator and most important piece.

I admit that often throughout the course of a relationship, things change, and it’s easy to get discouraged or perhaps even daunt the thought of pursue alone. That’s okay, your ability to overcome that adversity will ultimately position you to have sole possession of everything you achieve. You will choose who to share it with, and no one will be able to take that away from you.
© Copyright 2019 BreezyBore (dariang at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2194096-The-Lost-Art-Of-Moving-On