*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2194594-On-the-Way
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2194594
Flash Fiction
On the Way

“Jag, check the settings. I think this place is perfect, it’s passed every one of our tests. If we pop out the specimens now, we can be back on our way to Zeron!”

“I told you Alex was a good source of information. He’s been around. He says lots of new colonies have stopped here, and they always find what they’re looking for.”

“Yeah, well, get busy! I want to get going to.”

“Sure, sure. How many samples do you want to take?”

“Three I think... Yeah, three should be plenty. We were so lucky to be chosen for this colonization. Zeron is a dream planet, already rich in so many things. The only thing we needed was at least one reliable food source.

“OK, the samples are up. By the time we arrive at Zeron we’ll have plenty replicated as our ‘fall back’ food source while we explore the food sources on the planet.”

“Prepare to go friend. I’ll let the others know.”

The Captain turned on his intercom. “Attention! This is your Captain speaking. Prepare to leave orbit. We have secured our food source core, we will continue our journey to Zeron momentarily. We are on our way to our new home my friends!”

Cheers could be heard all over the ship.
...
Down on earth, Randy was staring out over the hill. It was true, there were definitely three crop circles in his corn field. Where did they come from? A shiver suddenly ran down his spine as he looked up into the empty sky.
© Copyright 2019 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2194594-On-the-Way