*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2195009-Escape
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #2195009
Writer's Cramp entry for 7/6/19
The masked man didn't utter a word as he bolted her chains to the floor. She wanted to scream, but not so much as a squeak escsped her throat. Ever since she was grabbed from behind and tossed into a car trunk, Maddy had been so confused and terrified that she still hadn't fully grasped what was happening to her.

The man had bound her hands in front of her before closing the trunk and now was securing them to a short chain that was attached to a metal clamp secured to the concrete floor.

Maddy watched in silence. Her fear had turned to numbness; sad acceptance of her fate. There was no way she'd be able to escape. Maybe she could have bolted before he secured the chain, but it was far too heavy and tightly moored now.

Tears filled her eyes as she dreamed of bring able to bound away like a carefree child. But, this was not to be.

The man chuckled as he cut away her blouse and then her brassiere. She barely registered the pain from the sharp blade entering her sternum before the darkness overtook her and mercifully granted her her escape.
© Copyright 2019 Grandma Penguin needs help (mspenguin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2195009-Escape