*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2195493-Reinvention-of-Friendships
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #2195493
This title was from a prompt in class. I'm hoping that it can help some people.



Reinvention of friendships is something to be treasured. When you have a conversation with a friend, and one friend has to go away for awhile, and they come back, you can continue on with the conversation that you had before they left, as though they were never gone. This is the beauty of friendship; your ability to confide in someone that you can trust, sharing experiences together that only you and your friend knows about.

When a friend of mine suddenly didn't return my telephone or cell phone calls, I began to wonder what was going on. I had known her since fourth grade; I would call, but I wouldn't hear from her for days.

Because he considered her to be nothing more than a fair weathered friend, I was told that I should give up on that friendship. Things happen in this world today that keep people busy; it's not necessarily the way some people want to be. I figured that was what this was all about, or maybe her feelings were hurt in some way by me.

Friendships are good to have; they are special in your life and should be treasured.. It's a lone world out there; you may have lost a friend through some misunderstanding, or from a death that you were unaware of. Regardless of what may have happened, I haven't stopped thinking about her, hoping that she was all right.

Reinvention of friendships is being able to do what you can to restore it. It's important to free yourself from any guilt that you may have, even though it wasn't your fault. Say to your friend that you'r sorry and ask them if they could find it in their heart to forgive you. If they can forgive you, then the burden that you've both been carrying can be lifted off of your shoulders. The weight of that burden is gone, cast away, and soon to be forgotten; you'd be amazed at how much happier you'd feel. The freedom of guilt is wonderful!

Reinvention of friendships is a kindred spirit that keeps you in check with one another. It's that special feeling that gets you excited enough to get out of bed in the morning and say hello to everybody, especially to your friends.

Reinvention of friendships is like a butterfly that emerges from its cocoon; it flies gracefully around to encourage you in the dreams or goals that you have for proceeding forth in your endeavors.


Written By Anna Marie Carlson
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Anna Marie Carlson (annamc.poet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2195493-Reinvention-of-Friendships