*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196881-Life-in-a-Metro
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2196881
I have tried to potray the pensive journey I have had while travelling in a metro.

The door slowly slid open. As I entered through the door I paced back and forth in the search of an unoccupied seat in the rearmost coach of the metro. The rearmost coach of the metro would seldom be crowded as passengers would either get on or off the coach. Unlike other coaches, it lacked commotion and one would get to enjoy the privilege of slowly sinking into their thoughts. I hurried to one of the seats beside the window and checked my phone of any notifications. I switched it off as I always did after a hectic day of work. I despised disturbance while having a good time. And the ride back home was what I would always looked forward to. Making sure I would have my time all to myself I looked around. As usual, most of the people were already busy on their phones or were about to. I had become accustomed to this and I found it pitiful. But during the first few days, I had been dumbfounded as they would not raise their heads until the station they got off arrived. At such times I agonized the present reality of mankind. However, I would be skeptical of my thoughts and imagined these people enjoying doing things other than what's fashionable. That picture gave me a glimmer of hope. I felt a jerk and realized that the metro had taken off and so began my pensive journey.

The preeminent part of traveling in the metro was the way I felt as if I was gliding past all these places. Looking out the window I could see the buildings. The buildings were notably floor to ceiling windows and the buildings looked like huge mirrors reflecting other buildings, the cars and people near them, reflecting the hustle, the avarice and the cupidity of the commercial world. The buildings were massively huge and a close look at these buildings could make you sense the power and strength it held. Though it was alluring to all, I regarded these buildings as an elites way of looking down upon the indigents also reflecting the existence of classism. The tall buildings of the elites were the solidity of classism. The indigents witness tragedies from an early stage of life and the elites profess a life devoid of tragedy. Eventually driven by the deception, jumping to an upper class is what drives the indigents. The very first nations were institutionalized to flourish this idea. Although many have had the intellect to go against the orthodoxy and illuminate their ideas, conformists never fail to dissuade the world of such illuminations and disseminate their biased ideology. So these structures were just a mere frame of a bigger picture.



















© Copyright 2019 Arakshan062 (arakshan12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196881-Life-in-a-Metro