*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197397-STAR-WARS-FRIENDLY-FIRE-Chapter-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Sci-fi · #2197397
Shadow Squad move into the Citadel and Begin their hunt for Delta Squad....

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars, or any of its properties ([Legends and Canon material alike] the Characters, the Planets, events, ships, Gear, etc. Mentioned in this story). All those belong to George Lucas, Lucasfilm, and Disney. I do however own "Shadow Squad's" Commander Shadow, Spooks, Umbra, Captain Gloom, and Shade, and The Rookie. This story is for entertainment purposes only.

Note: This story is not technically canon and is a work of FAN-FICTION, and was inspired by my love for the Republic Commandos. After seeing Delta Squad's brief appearance on the Clone Wars TV show, I wondered what a marriage of Canon and Legends material would look like if the members of Delta Squad showed up once again in the Canon universe. Thank you and enjoy.




The Black Dart stealthily exited hyperspace with the shuttle's state-of-the-art cloaking systems fully activated as it began its approach to Lola Sayu.

The Commandos of Shadow Squad stood in the briefing room in full armor as their commander wrapped up the mission briefing.

"...And I will remain on the shuttle until you are ready to move into the final phase of the mission." said Commander Shadow to the rest of the clones. "You have your orders. Gear up. We'll be arriving shortly."


The small Stealth Shuttle flew low, avoiding the searchlights atop the Citadel; its cloaking systems still engaged. The shuttle slowly lowered itself towards west side of the landing area; however, instead of landing, it hovered above the ground for a moment, then lowered its loading ramp in midair, as Spooks and Umbra activated the small cloaking devices built into their Clone Shadow Armor and jumped onto the Landing Area below. As soon as their feet hit the ground, the shuttle moved to its next drop-off point.


The ship approached the west side of the tower, hovered a safe distance above the west patrol shelf on the 9th level of the tower (just out of reach of the electromines), and quietly lowered its loading ramp in midair again.

Captain Gloom and Shade walked down the ramp, activating the cloaking devices in their armor as they leapt toward the shelf: barely making it; as their vibo-daggers dug into the edge of the patrol shelf, stopping what could have been a fall to their deaths. After pulling themselves up onto the shelf, Captain Gloom gave the thumbs up; indicating it was safe to proceed.

The Black Dart flew to the top of the Citadel and landed on the roof; its magnetic landing gear firmly attached to metal plating on the roofs surface and prevented it from being blown away by the strong winds of the planet.

Commander Shadow sat in the cockpit of the ship and checked to see if his squad had been detected by the Citadel's scanners. He was pleased to learn their approach had gone unnoticed.


Seconds after they were in position, Spooks and Umbra moved about the landing area.

Umbra moved towards the blast-door that Delta Squad had entered the Citadel through hours earlier and plugged his data-splicer into the blast-door's access panel, while Spooks; the team's demolition expert; moved towards the Nu-class Attack Shuttle parked on the other side of the landing area; remaining unseen thanks to the cloaking device in his black Night-Ops Katarn-class armor.

When he had reached Delta Squad's shuttle, Spooks withdrew two small charges for his pack and placed them on the rear engines of the shuttle. Once the changes had been placed, the demolition expert rejoined Umbra at the blast-door.


Sev let out a sigh from the East Patrol Shelf on Level-9 that overlooked the landing area.

"Delta-Forty to Delta-Seven. Any movement down there? Over." Asked Fixer through the helmet's comm channel.

"Nothing." Said Sev. "I don't see any hostiles in the landing area. I'll report back if I see anything. Delta-Seven, out."


Umbra smiled to himself as the download completed, giving him full access to the Citadel's security codes. With a click of a button, the blast-door slid open.

"We're in." Whispered Umbra as he and Spooks entered the Citadel.


"Wait a minute..." Said Fixer looking at the security vid-screens in the control room.


"Delta-Three-Eight to Delta-Forty. What's the problem? Over." Boss's voice asked through the comm channel.

"Someone opened the blast-door in Sector-13. Over."

"Do you have a visual on any hostiles? Over."

"Negative." Fixer said scanning all the security screens. "There's no hostiles on any of my screens. Over."

"I don't like this..." Said Boss over the speaker. "Delta-Seven, be on the lookout for hostiles approaching your position. Over."

"Copy that, Three-Eight. Delta-Seven, out." Said Sev heading back into the Citadel.


The ventilation shaft that the two Clone Commandos of Shadow Squad had taken did not have any security cameras in it. Spooks and Umbra had climbed up several floors until they had reached level 9 of the Citadel.

The clones quietly moved to the patrol shelf on the west side of the tower. After checking to see that the coast was clear, Umbra approached the access panel to the shelf's ray-shield door. Standing on the other side of it was Captain Gloom and Shade.

"Once I deactivate the shields, you'll have three seconds to get in here. Any longer and it will show up on the scanners, even with the encrypted codes I'm using." Whispered Umbra over the squad's comm channel.

The clones on the shelf nodded and were soon through the shielded door.

"'Took you boys long enough," Said Shade as he entered the interior of the Citadel.

"Cut the chatter!" Gloom whispered sternly. "What part of Radio Silence did you not understand?" -He touched the comm device in his helmet. -"We're in, Commander. Proceeding to Phase 3."

The Squad continued down the hallway and made their way to the next floor.


Sev had just finished patrolling Sector-8 of the Citadel, when he heard the sound of light footsteps over the enhanced audio receptors in his helmet. He quickly ducked behind the adjacent corridor and used its corner wall as cover; his blaster held at the ready.

"Delta-Seven to Delta-Forty. I'm picking up movement in Sector-8. Possible hostile activity. Over." Sev whispered over the squad's private comm frequency.

"Do you have confirmed visual on any hostiles? Over." Fixer asked over the radio.

"Negative, Four-Zero. Scanning for magnetic signatures." Said Sev, switching the visual settings in his helmet. "Standby."

Sev slowly peered around the corner while his helmet scanned for magnetic signatures in the hallway. Sure enough, the scanners displayed the outline of four clone troopers moving cautiously down the hallway across the inside of Sev's visor.

"Delta-Forty, I have a visual on four clone hostiles in Sector-8 using some kind of personalized cloaking devices. Over." He whispered.

"Delta-Three-Eight to Delta-Seven. Confirm. Do you have eyes on hostiles? Over." Asked Boss's voice.

"Confirmed, Three-Eight. I have eyes on hostiles. Over." Confirmed Sev.

"What kind of armor are the hostile's wearing, Delta-Seven? Describe. Over."

"Three hostiles in phase II Shadow Trooper Armor, armed with DC-19 and DC-15 blasters, and one hostile in Night Ops Katarn-class Commando Armor, armed with a modified DC-17M blaster. One of the Shadow Troopers is wearing a kama and pauldron. Over."

"Shadow Squad..." Said Boss disheartened. Blast! Thought Boss. That means that Commander Shadow can't be far.

"Be on alert, Deltas." Boss continued over the channel. "These clones are dangerous. They're a unit of Shadow Commandos. Be on the lookout for another hostile wearing black Phase I ARC Trooper armor. That's their commander. Be advised, their commander is a First-Gen ARC Trooper who specialized in studying ARC and Commando tactics. Get out of there, Delta-Seven. Do not eng--"

Before Boss could finish, Sev fired at the four clones, as he ran to the next hallway that led up to the lower entrance of the first Detention Level on Level-7.

The Shadow Commandos immediately decloaked and chased after Sev.

"We've been spotted! Take him down!" Shouted Gloom.

"Blast it!" Shouted Boss. "I said do not engage! Form up on me at my position in the Detention Level, Delta-Seven. Delta-Three-Eight, out."

Sev sprinted down the next two hallways; blaster-fire barely missing his head.


Boss stood at the entrance to the lower level of the Detention Level and provided Sev with covering fire as he made a mad dash for his sergeant's position.

"Delta-Three-Eight to Delta-Forty. Lock down the blast-door to the Detention Level in Sector-7. Over."

"On it, Three-Eight. Delta-Forty, out."

The blast-door began to close. Sev quickly dived through the narrow opening as the blast-doors closed behind him and sealed shut with a loud hiss.

"That's not going to hold them for long." Said Boss as he helped Sev to his feet. He then contacted Scorch. "Delta-Six-Two, we're heading to your position! Rendezvous at second detention level enterance. Over."

"Copy that, Boss. Delta-Six-Two, out." Replied Scorch's voice over the radio.

Both clones ran deeper into the first section of the Detention Level and soon made it up onto the second; they knew that every step they took put more distance between them and Shadow Squadron; they would take advantage of whatever time their small distraction had bought them.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

© Copyright 2019 Darth-Slayer (darth-slayer19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197397-STAR-WARS-FRIENDLY-FIRE-Chapter-6