*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197571-Minutes-for-River-Valley-Flyers-RVF
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Documentary · Business · #2197571
Monthly Meeting for the RVFs held 1 May 2019 convened at the Flying Field
At 1840 hrs the meeting was called.

Those attending were: Don, Bob B, Roger, Larry, C-Don, Ron, Bob O and Ralph.

Treasurer's Report:

Opening Balance: $ 3606.63
Closing Balance: $ 3542.90

Secretary's Report: Read by Bob O.

Reports approved as tendered.

Don Called the meeting to order.

Old Business:

Since the old fiber optic telephone spools had been scrapped, Ron lamented their passing. He liked the flexibility that having both and wondered if any consideration was being given to a new spool. A general discussion followed with the possibility that in lieu of a new spool (which don't last long in the elements and need to be replaced every couple of years) that we build onto one of the rolling tables features designed to meet the needs of members with medical issues.

A discussion followed on the Fun Fly. A final reminder was to bring your own condiments and chairs. Set-Up begins at 0700hrs on 25 March 2019.

Don said we overdue for some bad weather. Ralph said Ace had some tables they could provide. Don said he has a big table he will provide.

The question of having a Club Fly was raised. The days of 13 and 20 July were offered. Seven members thought that was a good idea.

Don said he envisioned it as a day to simply come out and do some flying.

New Business:

We're looking to continue the yearly fertilizing similar to what we did last year. With a weed and feed on 7 June. and another the first week in August. We will be cutting and fertilizing at the same time. We'll put together a new mowing schedule which extends the current one until the end of the season. Bob O will be putting that together and keeping it up to date. How much and how often will depend factors beyond our control, like the weather. While we'll be needing to cut the field, as always, mowing the parking lot and approaches to the field are flexible. Everybody keep an eye on the cutting schedule.

Roger provided a summary Indoor flying. After rent and insurance we cleared $ 215.

I want to designate Monday night as Club Nighty this summer. We will fly from 1730hrs until dark. This will run from June to September.

A motion waas made to adjourn (Ron/Larry) at 1913 hrs.

Bob Barclay


Secretary


© Copyright 2019 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197571-Minutes-for-River-Valley-Flyers-RVF