*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197668-How-Im-handling-my-grief
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Death · #2197668
Begin to write about the loss of my son

Jarrod in Purple

8/8/19



Life is short and then you die as the saying goes.
This is true of my only son who passed away at the age of 32.
He was a smart, funny, tenacious, healthy (or so I thought), good looking, extraordinary, precious and fun loving soul.
How could my baby grow into such an impressive man only to die without being married or having his own children?
How can I go on knowing that my line has ended with my son?
In the beginning I wanted two children. However, my son was perfect in every way. How could I top that!
I suppose two children would have been better.
What can be said of a mother outliving her child!
The pain, hurt, anger and denial that has consumed me during these past nine months has been excruciating and final.
It's time to turn back to researching and writing. Two of my favorite pleasures.
Maybe I can exchange my grief for advocating for my son and other parents children.
For now, time is the enemy that must not win.

© Copyright 2019 queenorca (queenorca at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197668-How-Im-handling-my-grief