*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197734-Calhoun-Estate
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2197734
Flash Fiction
Calhoun Estate

I was finally a visitor at the Calhoun Estate.

I’ve always wanted to go. I love Ted Calhoun, his movies, his fan club, twitter feed, basically everything. The first time I saw him, on the cover of a magazine, I was hooked. We even look alike, and even better, he and I were born on the same day.

When I first discovered we shared a birthday, I fantasized that he was my brother. It was in the realm of possibilities. I’m adopted and don’t know anything about my birth parents. My friends teased me about it. Apparently, I was supposed to want to marry him. But, even after I saw the first photo of his parents, and he looked just like them, I still wished he really was my brother.

I always felt I’d known him forever, a kindred spirit. So, going to visit his estate was big on my list. We never worked in the trip though, while I was growing up. My parents knew I wanted to go, but then I also wanted to go camping, skiing, Disneyland, I was a kid after all. Plus, they were not really interested in Calhoun Estate. So here I was, twenty-five and just finally here, all by myself.

As I stood there, soaking it all in. A voice said, “Ah... you and I look a lot alike!” I looked up, right into the eyes of Ted Calhoun.

“I always thought so too,” I said, weirdly, still feeling I knew him.

“I always wanted a sister or brother,” he said, talking as if we’d known each other for years, “but my parents decided one was enough after they got me!” he laughed.

“I’m an only child too,” I said.

“Well, even more so with me,” he added, “I’m actually adopted...
© Copyright 2019 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197734-Calhoun-Estate